Quality Test Engineer
Role: Quality Test Engineer / Software Development Engineer in Test
Our client is seeking to create a presence in Derry. This London based consultancy is responsible for the quality assurance and testing of a new mobile banking application, on behalf of one of their banking clients. The app is integrated with a number of 3rd party SaaS providers They would like to hire test engineers in the North West region working from home. They may introduce hot desk facilities at a later date if preferable to some staff but home set up with be provided at the outset and is likely to be the main way of working moving forward. Exciting opportunity to be part of something new to the City but working alongside colleagues in London remotely.
- The focus will be on creating & maintaining an API test suite for the on-boarding, payments and account servicing journeys using tools such as Postman.
- The tests will drive the APIs of the core banking platform and a range of 3rd party providers.
- The test suits will be configurable/parameterised to enable them to be executed against different test data sets and environments.
- The test suite will be automated against a variety of happy / non-happy paths and produce results integrated with Jira/Confluence.
- In addition, the SDET will need to create Sequence Interaction Diagrams, in liaison with the Feature Teams, as part of the programme documentation.
Skills and experience:
This opportunity will likely suit a strong Mid level to Senior test engineer, more senior engineers are also welcome to apply and salary can be discussed.
- Tools: experience of Postman, Runscope or similar
- Tools: experience of Confluence, Jira, GitLab, AWS
- Experience of Agile, CI/CD, Behaviour Driven Development necessary
- Experience of retail banking, payments would be a bonus but are not essential
Location: Work from home / Derry & Strabane area
Full time role Package
Salary: - £25k to £28k depending on experience
Holiday: 25 days per year
Pension: Enrolment on company scheme
Company bonus scheme: 10% of base salary
Contractor role Package also available to more experienced candidates.
Day rate: - £300 to £350 per day depending upon experience
Duration: 6 months
Please apply with a current CV to set up a confidential chat through the client and opportunity. Genuinely interesting company and work with ties to the area locally.