Software Engineer - Mid Level.
Northern Ireland & ROI
Our innovative client combines talented engineers, a work from home approach, and cutting-edge technology to create a uniquely forward-thinking organization. They are a Venture backed, high growth, technology startup looking for passionate software engineers with 1-4 years of industry experience to help grow their company.
Their core business is to collect and collate highly specific scientific data. This helps their customers accelerate the discovery of cures in fields such as cancer, Alzheimer’s and genetics. They have a variety of applications which help to achieve this, and are seeking new software engineers to help grow and maintain this suite of applications.
We’re looking for a battle hardened and experienced developer who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is passionate about technology. They want to work with someone who loves coding and providing solutions to problems. Someone who has the maturity and experience of managing their own workload and who can prioritize the tasks on their plate. They are looking for someone who has an appetite and desire to learn new technologies. Who can then apply these new skills to the task at hand and beyond. Someone who takes responsibility for their work through the design stage, implementation, deployment, and post deployment support.
Technologies and skills
Their technology stack is always growing and changing, but here's a selection of what they currently use in some of their products:
Below is a breakdown of the required, core and desirable skill sets a candidate should bring to the role.
- 1+ years working experience of c#
- Excellent written communication skills
- A love and passion for technology
- Ability to pick new things up at a good pace
- A great, enthusiastic, “Can do” attitude
Core skills used daily:
- C# - .net and core
- Basic linux terminal skills
- Experience designing solutions from scratch.
- Experience in maintaining solutions that you have not primarily created.
- Written communication
Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience in optimization – managing large datasets, analyzing code for bottlenecks, analyzing systems for bottlenecks, squeezing out performance.
- Data analysis / manipulation
- Data cleaning with large volumes
- Working with large datasets
- Streaming large datasets. Experience with kafka
- Experience in dataset enrichment
- Experience in ETL
- Experience in designing and implementing data pipelines.
- Experienced Elasticsearch and Elasticsearch optimisation
- Experience in writing API’s
- Experience around application / API authentication
- Queues eg RabbitMQ
- Designing a Database Schema for a new feature
- Strong Python skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Carry out analysis, design, coding, implementation, deployment in support of our applications
- Maintain existing code bases, including bug fixes and implementing new features within applications
- Automating tasks
- Contributing to algorithms that help us make our data shine compared to our competition
- Collaborate with other product development team members to present solution options, evaluations and recommendations
- Work on implementing solutions to enrich large volumes of data quickly and with high accuracy
- Providing solutions to interesting problem
What you’ll get:
- Remote first company offering the ultimate flexibility
- Budget when you join to set up your dream work from home office
- The best equipment and software to go about executing your day-to-day work
- 25 days annual leave, and Bank Holidays plus your birthday off
- A truly flexible working culture
- Private healthcare
- Regular team lunches & beer Fridays
- Gaming sessions and virtual office to hang out with colleagues
- Very good life/work balance