IT Support Specialist
As a IT Admin / Desktop Support / Regional IT Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting client technology and services for employees located in the EMEA locations as well as remote support for the other geographic regions. This includes but is not limited to desktop/laptop break/fix, re-imaging, troubleshooting, desk & mobile phone support and audio/visual & physical conference room support technologies. Additionally, you may be asked to assist (direct experience not required but familiarity) with telecom, switch, network, idf racking, etc in the local office infrastructure as needed for changes required at location. You may also travel between locations to provide on-site support, training, and issue resolution. This is an internal end user employee facing role where your skills at maintaining and developing relationships with internal users and executive staff is crucial.
- Plan, Implement, and lead hardware and software installation projects.
- Analyze, test, and debug compute device systems.
- AWS/EC2 experience - can manage instances and VLANs
- Customize systems for specific functional areas or unique user needs.
- Laptop/Desktop Break-Fix, Remote Desktop Support, Remote Office on-site Travel
- Support OS, variety of applications, security agents/services, and hardware issues for users (MAC OS, Windows)
- Work with IT Infrastructure teams to setup and maintain existing infrastructure environments and assist with local changes.
- Provide user training and education.
- New HW delivery and setup. May require lifting of boxes and compute hardware
- Printer installation and troubleshooting.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure client satisfaction and client management.
- Provide user training and education.
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resources needs, and projected outcomes.
- Project management.
Responsibility and Interactions:
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of regular and unstructured; and assignments are moderate in scope.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- This individual helps to identify semi-routine problems and generates possible solutions.
- The processes used to solve problems are clearly defined.
- This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects; may work with functional peers on some tasks.
- Regular review of assignments and detailed direction is provided to them by their manager.
- The ideal candidate actively contributes to team activities and goals using effective verbal and interpersonal skills to share their experience and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
- Job experience and history focused on Desktop Support/IT administration
- Subject Matter Expertise in Microsoft Windows and MAC OS. Fully expert in all diagnostics, commands, etc.
- Expert in utilization of array of Desktop Imaging and MDM tools, such as Desktop Central
- A thorough knowledge of Personal Computer Hardware, Software, Windows 10, Office 365, G-Suite support & administration, Anti-Virus, Internet Browsers, Internet connectivity
- Demonstrated proficiency and professionalism when interfacing with customer employees, executives, and VIPs when providing Desktop Support
- Leadership ability to ensure technical growth and professionalism of Desktop team and colleagues
- 6+ years relevant technical experience supporting users in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment
- 1+ years networking experience. Must demonstrate experience with firewalls, routers and general network fundamentals
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impacting situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical disciplines
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other IT Regional Specialists and cross-functional technical team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to interface with executive level internal employees and troubleshoot their compute requirements.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
Salary: €35,000 - €55,000 plus bonus 10%, healthcare package and other bens.
Please apply with a current CV and cover letter outlining reason for applying, salary expectation and earliest start date for consideration.