Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all of our employees 30 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays). Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover – 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme – including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Senior Managing Engineer
Hours of work
48 per week - Referenced over a 17-week period. Working a shift pattern as appropriate for the area- to be confirmed at interview.
A company vehicle will be allocated as appropriate to the role.
The Service and Compliance department is responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance and compliance regimes to customers across Europe. The successful candidate will join the team of field based engineers to support the contract.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job
As a PPM engineer you will be supporting Space Engineering Services in order to ensure the area you are allocated to operates effectively.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Service and Maintenance of commercial refrigeration plant and equipment
- Carrying out pre-planned maintenance tasks to a high standard.
- To pre-diagnose faults using web-based sites.
- Completing SOP tasks.
- Monitor allocated jobs, working within the maintenance programme to meet client and company requirement to ensure trouble free operation of all refrigeration equipment
- Assist to achieve efficient solutions to problematic issues
- Effective use of Parts, including delivery / collection/returns
- Updating service records and timekeeping information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updating client reporting systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Other related tasks required by Space Engineering Services in order to ensure the area operates effectively.
- Carry out site / plant surveys when requested / require
- Assist SME with stock takes by maintaining your van stock
- Ensure you are completing and returning all required paperwork electronic logging on time
- Assist / support supervisor with arrangements to cover holiday / illness
- Keep customer / SME / office informed of potential issues, and possible actions required to resolve.
- Ensure all client / company logging requirements are completed by yourself e.g. ATAS, completion notes, maintenance reports etc.
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses the relevant technical skills and knowledge required in refrigeration.
- F-Gas 2079 Category 1
- Relevant experience in the refrigeration industry at the grade of engineer.
- Possess the ability to understand and consistently complete work from SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
Space Engineering is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.