Server & Software Support Engineer (San Diego, California)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys troubleshooting and is passionate about problem solving. You will work with prestigious clients to solve challenging technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, using a wide range of technologies. You will become an expert in TERMINALFOUR’s industry-leading digital engagement platform for Higher Education as well as gaining a thorough knowledge of Server Administration and Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will also develop expertise in application deployment and configuration strategies.
This role is based in our office in San Diego, California.
- Diagnosing server and software issues on platforms maintained by either TERMINALFOUR or our clients
- Recommending technical solutions for a variety of client-led and internal scenarios
- Implementing server and software configuration changes as required
- Producing internal customer service related reports and documentation
- Escalating issues and/or liaising with third parties
- Accurately recording details of communications with clients and third parties
- Producing internal client service related reports and documentation
- Supporting a variety of different systems and platforms
- Supporting clients in many locations worldwide
Skills and Experience Required
- At least a basic level of Linux and Windows administration/usage
- Previous experience with any CMS software
- Experience with the some or all of the following technologies:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Enjoy problem solving – diagnosing technical problems systematically and methodically
- Communicate clearly and concisely both by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to write professional documentation
- Flexibility to work outside of standard working hours
For a real view on this role check out the blog post "A day in the life of a TERMINALFOUR Client Support Engineer"
WE DO NOT REQUIRE RECRUITMENT AGENCY ASSISTANCE WITH THIS ROLE, THANK YOU.