Full Stack Engineer
Be part of Terminalfour's and BetterExamination's Professional Services team, supporting our higher education clients around the World on our digital marketing and exam management platforms.
This role involves integrating websites into our enterprise-level content management system, developing and maintaining modules and performing automated content migrations into the CMS.
You will work with a team of implementation analysts, project managers and front-end web developers, to help them provide and implement backend solutions that work well with our CMS. You will be involved throughout the lifecycle of the project. The role is client-focused so good communication skills are essential.
As Terminalfour has a global client base some travel and some work outside of normal office hours may be necessary from time to time. The role will currently operate on a remote basis due to Covid-19 restrictions.
What you will do:
- Produce high quality CMS-driven sites from detailed functional specifications.
- Help front-end web developers to integrate the websites into our CMS as well as implement the pre-existing PHP/Node.JS modules for each client.
- Work with clients and project managers to ensure robust application development and timely project deliverables.
- Work with implementation analysts, advising on the design and estimation of custom applications.
- Develop maintainable and re-usable PHP and serverless applications to address client needs.
- Comprehensively test the code produced.
- Own, maintain, develop and document our PHP modules and serverless applications.
- Perform automated content migrations for large scale websites into our CMS, including writing custom scripts to handle unique client requirements.
Skills and Experience you will need:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Full Stack developer or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of PHP and Object Orientated Programming principles is essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, organised and delivery focused.
- Experience of specifying projects and working with others to develop those specifications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Capable of building a high level of technical competency in our product portfolio.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment participating fully in decision-making.
- Fluent English language skills, written and spoken.
- Full eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of Node.JS.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing with (e.g. PHP Unit and Jest).
- Cloud experience working with AWS.
- Experience with GIT workflow.
- Basic knowledge of Java.
- Previous experience and/or understanding of the Higher Education market.
- Experience of Content Management Systems.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance with this role, thank you.