Front End Developer
We help Universities and Colleges meet the high expectations of the digital generation. We help them improve the student journey and institutional efficiency through deep domain expertise and innovative cloud solutions.
We're looking for a talented front end developer to join our team in the development and enhancement of our flagship Content Management System (CMS) and related products. We’re a globally recognized company who can count some of the world’s leading universities and colleges among our clients. We’re expanding all the time and now have offices and partners worldwide.
What you will do:
- You will work closely with others as part of the team to design and develop solutions and updates to our CMS application.
- You will seek to understand customer needs and solve problems with a strong customer experience focus.
- You will manage deadlines with strong communication, and be flexible enough to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Your communication will bolster a user centric mindset across the department and beyond
Skills and Experience you will need:
- Strong experience in front end frameworks & libraries preferably Backbone/Underscore
- Knowledge of build tools e.g. Grunt
- Proficient in unit testing, preferably Jasmine
- HTML/CSS/Sass skills
- Accessibility knowledge working to WCAG/Section 508 standards
- Experience using Bootstrap framework
- UX/UI design skills
- Design & mockup creation
- Experience using design tools e.g. Figma/Invision
- Strong problem solving skills demonstrating user empathy
- Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
- Experience working on a large application with a RESTful API
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English language skills
Skills and Experience that are an advantage:
- Experience running user testing sessions is desirable
- Java backend experience or experience working in Java based systems previously is an advantage but not a requirement
- Familiarity with database queries
- Command line tool familiarity
You should be located and eligible to work within the EU region and willing to work remotely.
Terminalfour is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance with this role, thank you.