About The Brokedown Palace
We supply great quality, ethical and sustainable outdoor clothing, gear and accessories from our two east London locations at Shoreditch and Spitalfields.
We love hanging out in the city as much as much as we love hiking in the mountains, and we provide gear that does it all. Think waxed canvas jackets, heritage backpacks and old school camping accessories. We also stock art prints, maps, magazines and books.
Our brand list includes Fjällräven, the Swedish brand known for their iconic Kånken backpacks – which take up an entire wall in every colour. The American north west is represented by Pendleton and Filson. Ethical Californian outdoors brand Patagonia fits our concept perfectly. Also hailing from California are cult sock brand, Stance.
We’re a creative team - the great outdoors is our inspiration, and we want to protect the nature we love.
We are looking for someone to join our management team. You will be managing a small team on the day-to-day running of the shops. You will be communicating regularly between the owners, other managers and the rest of the team to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities
- Opening and closing the shops, organising breaks, lunches etc
- Leading by example, by providing a friendly and knowledgeable service to our customers
- Training the team on our products, and keeping them up-to-date on anything new
- Doing the rota, organising holidays and keeping track of absences
- Cashing up, petty cash, and banking
- Ensuring the team carry out tasks that need doing during the day, such as taking and organising deliveries and fulfilling online orders
- Organising cleaning rotas and ensuring the shop and stockroom are kept neat and tidy
- Ensuring all essential supplies to run the shop are available - such as paper bags, wrapping, stationary and cleaning products
- Communicating with the shop's owners and holding regular team meetings/briefings
- Keeping a close eye on our inventory, and making replenishment stock orders
- Have a knowledge of, and passion for our brands
- Enjoy nature and the outdoors
- Have an understanding of, and be aligned with, our ethics and brand culture
- Have at least one year’s experience at management or supervisor level in fashion or outdoor retail
Perks/Benefits of the role
Generous staff discount on our products
Training opportunities with our brands
28 days holiday