Client Care Manager - 11 Months Full Time Contract (Maternity Cover)
The Care Team is an award-winning community based organization that has been established for 4 years. Services are provided to clients in their own homes and the scope includes homecare, nursing care, physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
Client Care Manager is a senior management position that reports directly to the board of directors.
· To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users.
· Effective reporting and communication with service users, family members, PHNs, HSE, other agencies, company directors and shareholders.
· To manage the day to day co-ordination of The Care Team service provision and act as the person in charge for co-ordinating clients, community liaison officers, community supervisors, roster administrators and care staff.
· Hold responsibility and authority over provision of homecare services, clinical staff, social care staff and rostering in The Care Team.
· Work in partnership with the operations department/ operations manager/ operations director/ HR to manage staff relations and service co-ordination.
· Work in partnership with the finance department to help set out budgets, forecasts and payments and expenses.
· To co-ordinate relevant team members to provide all relevant information and leaflets to prospective new service users and visit them in their home for a discussion.
· Coordinate assessments of the service users’ needs prior to commencement of the service. To decide and assess whether The Care Team is able to meet the personal care needs of any prospective service user and to negotiate an appropriate fee with the purchasing authority or the service user or service user’s family if not in receipt of HSE assistance.
· To ensure that each new service user receives a written copy of the terms and conditions of engagement and ensure that each new service user and where appropriate their representative or carer understands them.
· To investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to The Care Team Clinical Director.
· To liaise with and co-operate with any home healthcare inspectorate and provide feedback and report on the same.
· To play a supportive role in the provision of home healthcare within a geographical community identified providing rostered on call and emergency response as required.
· To undertake any other duties consistent with the objectives of the business as determined from time to time by the Clinical Director or Board of Directors.
· To work as part of a multidisciplinary team within The Care Team in the delivery of care services to the clients as set out in the organizations policies and procedures.
· To present and contribute at the weekly / monthly management meetings as required and any other relevant meetings.
· Actively take part in clinical governance, under taking audits and quality assurance, prepare reports for committee meetings.
· Lead and manage clinical and service staff to meet quality objectives.
· Lead and manage the team to meet financial targets to maintain and grow the business.
· Maintain strict confidentiality on operational, financial information share by directors at all times.
· Promote and grow a supportive positive culture within the team.
· Social Care Degree, Nursing Degree (or similar)
· Must possess (within the last 4 years) a minimum of 3 years’ management/supervisory experience, including team leadership, business strategy with resource planning and allocation
· Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Good Business insight
· Moderate level of IT skills including Microsoft Office Suite
· Full Irish/EU driver’s license
· Pool car
· Mileage paid
· Bonus scheme