As Director of Marketing, you'll take over a winning strategy and add leadership, management, and your own initiatives to grow engagement with, and revenue to, The Water Project.
This full-time, salaried position requires an ability to translate The Water Project's mission into multi-channel messages and persuasive value propositions that resonate with our target donors.
- Serving as The Water Project's chief storyteller and providing an avenue for transforming donor relationships.
- Executing on, refining, and adding value to The Water Project's marketing playbook.
- Writing content to continually connect with prospects and donors through personalized, real-time stories and information that they care about.
- Managing a content calendar to deliver a steady, consistent stream of engagement across all channels including website, social media, offline, and direct mail.
- Developing a deep understanding of the target audiences. You'll create personas and analyze data to ensure that strategies and campaigns matter to our audience segments and drive donation performance.
- Working with teams across The Water Project to understand and optimize experience within donor journeys.
- Establishing multichannel marketing strategies and campaigns with measurable ROIs. You'll track, measure, and optimize activities and approaches based upon KPIs.
- Developing and executing an engaging monthly e-newsletter along with seasonal and quarterly mail/digital campaigns.
- Closely managing departmental, project, and vendor budgets.
- Ensuring internal and external consistency of message and brand assets.
- Utilizing automated systems as part of the development team to nurture and guide donors into giving and increasing their lifetime value.
- Keeping on top of industry trends, best practices and new opportunities for digital engagement.
Ideal qualifications/skills include:
- Experience in cause-related marketing and strategic partnerships.
- High level of experience and proficiency with digital and social media platforms, with a track record of increasing engagement and impact.
- Strong storytelling, copywriting and editing skills.
- Skill in building a multichannel marketing engine and a loyal base of donors.
- Experience managing and tracking the performance of freelance contractors and consultants (as needed).
- Creative proclivity and competency in project and budget management.
- A social entrepreneur mindset. Fast mover and thinker with a high level of data-grounded creativity.
- You must be a strong writer and communicator; submitting a writing sample with your application is required.
- Experience with, and an understanding of, audience segmentation and marketing automation platforms.
- Experience making the tools of our trade work for you and for The Water Project, especially Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Excel. A bonus is photography experience, basic video editing experience, knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and In-Design.
- Experience with website maintenance, social media campaigns, SEO, and experience developing marketing materials.
- You have experience building, growing, and leading inspiring, high engagement, experiences that translate to multi-million dollar revenue streams.
- Your experience has experience. The experience you get from being the one to create the content, trying new things, being on the front lines of shipping the campaigns and content you've created. You've done this enough that you also excel at leading a team to scale your reach. And where you might not have the best in class, direct skills - you are already aware, and you have access to/built a network that is the best at what they do.
- You are a critical thinker - and a doer - accustomed to working and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- You can track details without losing sight of the broad vision.
- High level of comfort accepting and integrating feedback.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations - or relevant experience in these or related fields.