Salesforce Technical Lead
Who We Are
The Water Project unlocks human potential by building and connecting global networks of local leaders, communities of generous supporters, and an informed public to provide sustainable water and sanitation programs to needlessly suffering communities in developing countries. We are committed to bringing people together to solve the problem of finding clean water. Whether it's our local teams in the field, our international staff, our donors and fundraisers, or the communities we serve - we believe that people are the greatest solution to the water crisis.
Our scrappy and dedicated staff thrives on collaboration with partners and volunteers. We inspire ideas and invent tools that equip our supporters to help people suffering needlessly without clean, safe water. We're a non-profit with the heart of a tech start-up. We tell stories. We strengthen partners. We build solutions. And we change lives, one village at a time.
We also want you and your family to thrive, so we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, including company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k match, and a great vacation policy (ask anyone!).
What The Role Is
As Salesforce Technical Lead for The Water Project, you’ll be *the* primary go-to person for all things Salesforce – a guru that is part administrator, part developer, and part analyst. You’ll work closely with leadership to design, build, and deliver solutions to improve our marketing, fundraising, and program reporting processes. Your role will be critical in helping us scale to ultimately bring clean water to more communities.
To excel in this position, you should be a highly-motivated self-starter with a deep passion for Salesforce optimization and management. You should be a data-driven problem solver with excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
You can be located anywhere in the US.
- Serves as the primary administrator of our Salesforce platform, engaging and equipping our fundraising teams, program design experts in the US, and local implementation teams across Africa as we provide reliable and verifiable access to clean water through the creation and maintenance of workflows, custom fields, page layouts, reports, dashboard development, and data flow management.
- Defines and maintains our Salesforce instance, including everything from managing reporting to optimizing and automating workflows within the platform.
- Develops a solid understanding of department-specific business processes and goals.
- Develops and documents department-specific views, processes, fields, notifications, reports, custom objects, page layouts, and workflows, including rolling them out across the organization.
- Provides day-to-day end-user support, including implementation, user adoption, system configuration and maintenance, formulas, testing, data integrity, backups, and others as identified.
- Develops and maintains all user roles, profiles, security settings, access levels, hierarchies, etc.
- Acts as the primary contact for all Salesforce reporting requests, including support of fundraising reporting, support in the preparation of marketing campaigns, and others as requested.
- Utilizes deep understanding of business processes and goals to respond to requested additions/changes and identify customizations appropriately.
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices.
- Develops and maintains Visualforce pages, Apex classes, triggers, and integration to other third-party solutions.
- Enforces standards & procedures to increase operational efficiency and ensure data quality.
- Manages all data cleansing and data imports into production, including pre-testing in sandbox and scrubbing results to avoid duplication.
- Creates and maintains Salesforce system documentation and Salesforce Best Practices.
- Deep passion for Salesforce, including a strong desire to optimize workflow and data schemas.
- Several years of proven experience performing administration of Salesforce.
- Several years of proven experience in customizing applications, page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes in Salesforce.
- Highly-data driven with a proven track record of optimizing reporting for growth in a high-demand environment.
- Experience with Apex, Visualforce, and the Lightning Component Framework.
- Solid business analysis skills and technical acumen, and great interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Salesforce certifications preferred.
- Experience working in high-growth start-ups or non-profits a plus.
- Experience with AppExchange, 3rd party integrations, and add-ons helpful.
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts.
Who You Are
You bleed Salesforce
You are the Salesforce subject matter expert wherever you go. You have a deep knowledge of all the Salesforce programming and administration capabilities, including Apex, custom objects, Visual Force pages, reports, and workflow rules. You know how to design and implement web-based interfaces and APIs using Apex code, web services, and more. You have several years of real-world experience and, ideally, even a few certifications as well.
You turn chaos into order
You know how to listen to and synthesize disparate requests into a clean, simple solution. You remain calm under pressure with demands coming from multiple stakeholders at once. You know when to suggest alternative solutions to problems. You look at existing processes and wonder how they could be improved.
You love data
There’s not a data-related question in Salesforce that you can’t answer. You can build complex reports to find the needle in the haystack. You can help us look forward and forecast future fundraising numbers. You can slice and dice data to come up with the perfect mailing list. You love keeping data clean and consistent.
You know how to interact with leadership and both technical and non-technical staff to be able to translate complicated ideas into language that everyone in their group can understand. You’ll have the ability to clearly explain why specific design and implementation strategies might be necessary to improve the outcomes of the project. As a subject matter expert, you are comfortable answering the questions that other team members have about Salesforce configuration. You also need the leadership talents required to motivate and inspire others.
You’re not only committed to ongoing growth and development in the Salesforce ecosystem, always seeking to learn more about the latest features and diving down different trailheads, willing to learn whatever it takes, but you’re also committed to developing the best system possible to help us change lives.