Associate Product Manager
Focused on improving the health of student populations, TimelyMD offers universities and colleges a comprehensive, custom program centered around telehealth. TimelyMD’s campus-wide solution gives students one point of contact--anytime, anywhere--to get quality care and immediate treatment for medical or mental health concerns from board certified physicians and licensed counselors. TimelyMD’s telehealth programs optimize clinic resources and support clinic staff in delivering quality care to the right students at the right times.
TimelyMD has an opening for a dynamic Associate Product Manager to work as an integral part of our Engineering Team!
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for assessing, planning, and executing both projects and development sprints under the guidance and direction of senior engineering leadership. Working in conjunction with the Client Success team, the Associate Product Manager assists with running development (scrum) sprints, client implementations, report development, and external vendor management.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the Senior Product Owner and collaborate with the product development team
- Plan and run multiple projects
- Research, analyze, and assist with defining the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Communicate vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the development life cycle
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with overall product strategy
- Define customer needs and the associated features and solutions to meet those needs.
- Create requirements for each specification
- Participate in the planning of product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Balances the needs of stakeholders in the development process; advocates on behalf of the customer for the development team and advocates on the behalf of the development team with appropriately setting customer expectations
- To the extent possible, mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of release and sprint goals
- Gather, manage, and prioritize product backlog
- Work with third party consultants during assessments to ensure annual compliance
- Assist with special projects as needed
What You Bring
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Experience in healthcare or related industry is preferred
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Atlasian (Jira, Bitbucket), MS Project or Omniplan, Visio or similar, and all office tools
- Understanding of industry standards and compliance (HIPAA, SOC/2, HITRUST, HECVAT)
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software across both mobile and web application projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- UX knowledge/experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Balanced business/technical background
- Ability to provide leadership and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
Benefits + Perks
- Open PTO
- No work on your birthday!
- MBO bonus on a quarterly basis
- Company-paid group life insurance
- Medical and dental insurance offered
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) as an organization to give back to the community
TimelyMD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.