Lead Waste Data Analyst - Fully Remote
The Lead Waste Data Analyst - Fully Remote
Please note - we are aware that this role displays as "temporarily remote" on Indeed, which would appear to be an error with our job information transferring through to the platform. This role is offered as fully remote, on a permanent basis.
The Lead Waste Data Analyst is a key hire for the Topolytics team – the purpose of this role is to work in collaboration with product management, engineering and waste teams building Topolytics solutions to support waste tracking, predictions and other initiatives, helping us ultimately achieve our purpose: to improve how waste is managed and recycled around the world.
Lead Waste Data Analyst Duties and Responsibilities:
You’ll quickly find that in the role of Lead Waste Data Analyst, no two days are the same! However, some of the more frequent, day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
- Research and define data landscapes in new and existing markets (public and private sources).
- Work with networks and build connections in existing and new territories to identify and access data sources.
- Co-ordinate data sources through research and connections.
- Work with data science and tech team to incorporate reference data.
- Develop data work-flows.
- Apply solutions and share knowledge with the wider team through understanding challenges and complexities in waste data.
- Apply understanding of waste policy and regulation including licensing and permitting and share knowledge and experience with team.
The above list is not exhaustive. As a member of our multi-skilled team you will have the opportunity to be involved in a broader range of activities than those described above.
Lead Waste Data Analyst Skills and Attributes Required:
To be successful in the position of Lead Waste Data Analyst at Topolytics you’ll need the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Research / analytics / business intelligence experience relevant to the waste industry
- Understanding of the waste industry including waste policy and regulation (licensing and permitting).
- Ability to communicate and present in clear, concise, articulate manner both orally and in writing.
- Interest in data science and analytics
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Inquisitive mind.
- Problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Nice to Have, but not Essential:
There are some things which you don’t need to be able to do, but which will really make your application stand out if you do! These include:
- Language skills would be desirable
- Local to the Edinburgh/Lothians area.
Who We Are:
We are based in Edinburgh and have established a position as one of the world’s leading ‘waste tech’ companies. We work with some great partners such as Google, SAP, Ordnance Survey, ESRI and DataLab and are operating in Europe, USA and Asia.
You will join a commercial team, led by our CEO, representing and supporting a technical team that triangulates on three key areas - waste management and waste industry, software development and data science/analytics. The team is currently working remotely, but we will operate from an excellent open plan office at CodeBase, the tech incubator in Edinburgh.
The company has evolved over the past three years on the back of some significant projects. You would join as we enter an exciting phase of growth - commercialising our WasteMap platform internationally - working with leading companies and government agencies. We are building a team that is motivated and diverse in origin, belief, culture, orientation, ability and thought.
As a business we strive to be ‘Resourceful, Responsive and Remarkable’, providing a safe, supportive and exhilarating environment while addressing one of the world’s biggest environmental challenges.
Other Relevant Information:
This role is offered on a fully-remote basis, although preference given to candidates within a commutable distance for the purpose of company-wide meeting attendance.
- Base Salary: Up to £38,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and suitability.
- Mode of Work: Permanent, full-time.
Keywords: Data Science / Big Data / Data Analysis / Data Analytics / Data Analyst / Big Data Analyst / Data Manager / Business Analyst / Business Analysis / Business Analytics / Data Engineer / Data Cleanser / Data Modeller / Data Modelling
We maintain limits on employees in the office to ensure social distancing. There is ample hand sanitiser access in communal areas and within the Topolytics office. We ensure that the office is adequately ventilated.