UpCloud is looking for Business Development / Inside Sales representatives to join our Sales & Marketing team, from our UK, London office.
Who we are
UpCloud is an international growth company specialised in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), headquartered in Helsinki (Finland), with offices in London (UK), Seattle (US) and Singapore.
UpCloud offers the world’s fastest cloud servers from its eight data centres around the world, located in Helsinki, London, Singapore, Chicago, San Jose, Frankfurt and Amsterdam. We are enabling our users to build the most successful online businesses. We do whatever it may take and see every obstacle as an intriguing opportunity.
What we are looking for
We are looking for additional help to to spread the word about UpCloud by joining our regional (EU) team to take ownership of Demand Generation activities and inbound conversions. You will be working on business processes which are already well established internally, alongside a team that is multicultural, consisting of some of the smartest individuals globally to help our customers be successful on a daily basis.
You have technical background acquired through education or hands on work within the field. Most likely you have worked in a technical position for a few years and are intrigued to move more into customer facing business role.
You are curious, honest & humble. This is what drives you on a daily basis to go over and beyond what was thought possible.
What you will be doing
In the big picture, you will have a dual responsibility of handling both inbound and outbound activities.
- On-boarding inbound leads with existing sales process in place and handing over relationship to Customer Success team post on-boarding
- Drive market share by following existing business processes and building pipeline for the sales organisation
Your responsibilities include;
- Executing, improving and innovating on existing and new activities to drive UpCloud adoption, e.g..
- Organising & participating community meet-ups
- Online community engagement (tech forums, etc.)
- Forging partnerships with developer focused value-added services
- Arranging webinars with partners
- Identifying users and/or user groups who would benefit from UpCloud
- Our key-audiences are entrepreneurs and SME’s who expect to hit their bulls-eye and leave the competition in the dust
- Reaching out to users yourself through various different channels; 1-on-1 conversations on a large scale
- Calling new customers and providing preliminary engagement, ensuring enquiries are handed over to the regional Customer Success team smoothly
- Build on, and manage lead development pipeline
What we expect from you
- Great communication skills to successfully communicate with developers, specialists and the CxO-level
- Have a clear understanding of UpCloud’s technology, the services we offer and how customers use our services.
- Communicate the feedback you have received, so we are able to further understand how to develop our services.
The compensation for this role is combined with a base salary of £31,000 - £36,500 per year. With hard work and dedication, you should have no trouble in reaching our attainable performance bonuses , totalling your compensation up to £45,000 per year.
While we expect a lot, we want to give back equally as much. UpCloud is at a very interesting stage and there’s a lot to learn, contribute and enjoy.
We also take very good care of our team and there are quite a few perks available. Some worthwhile mentioning might be our end of year company trips abroad, equipment of your choice and of course an annual personal budget to spend on software, education and devices that enhance you and your work.
If you see yourself as part of the UpCloud family - don’t hesitate to send us your cover letter and CV!
We would love to have you on board as soon as possible.