UpCloud is looking for an ambitious Technical Support Specialist 🎩
UpCloud offers the world’s fastest cloud servers from its eight data centers in Helsinki, London, Chicago, San Jose, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Singapore. Our users run business critical web applications on our IaaS platform and trust us for performance, reliability and price. We are proud and work hard to keep our users happy - our current user satisfaction level is 90%.
Read more from our blog posts:
Do you have experience of hosting scene or administrating your own Linux servers? To help us support our growing user base, being part of international 24/7 technical support team and will first and foremost be the initial contact with our users in their technical inquiries. We expect you to work regular office hours with the occasional weekend support shift, which will count towards your total working hours.
- Social team player who can contribute to company culture and make things happen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You have experience in Technical Support and/or User Experience related positions in the internet infrastructure related space
- You have a thorough understanding of cloud computing including networking, servers and storage technologies.
- You have directly worked with,or otherwise can advise on Linux based server technologies.
- You are an innovative and independent troubleshooter
- You’re familiar with terminology: IaaS, BGP, TCP/IPv4/6, DNS, RAID, LAMP, Bash
We will offer:
- A great place to challenge yourself in an international environment.
- Opportunity to work with users who build advanced web applications on a global scale.
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical services, lunch allowance, choice of computer and an annual budget of 1000€ to spend on education, software, etc..
- Most importantly though - an experienced team, who makes the day-to-day work enjoyable, challenging and rewarding.
If you could see yourself being part of the UpCloud family - don’t hesitate to send us your cover letter and CV with a salary request. Please note that this job posting will be taken down as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
There’s no place like 127.0.0.1