UpCloud is looking for an English and Mandarin-speaking full-time Business Development Representative to join our Demand generation team in our Singapore office. Your role will be to create brand awareness and build product interest for UpCloud.
UpCloud offers the world’s fastest cloud servers from its eight data centres in Singapore, Helsinki, London, Singapore, Chicago, San Jose, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Our customers run business-critical web applications on our IaaS platform and trust us for performance, reliability and general high quality of service for the price they pay. We are proud and work hard to keep our customers happy.
We are the #1 Performance Leader among the top Cloud Hosting Providers in Europe & APAC, please see our blog for more information on this.
We want to spread the word about UpCloud’s superior cloud computing platform and to help us achieve this, we are looking for an English and Mandarin-speaking business development executive who will first and foremost be taking the ownership of demand generation within the Mandarin-speaking countries.
As a BDR, you will be expected to work in our Singapore based regional sales team.
You will have the responsibility of driving market share and qualifying leads that build pipeline for the sales organization. You will be required to generate leads through a multi-channel sales process & inbound marketing, perform account-based outreach to build a pipeline for prospecting and qualifying leads to handoff for Sales.
An implicit responsibility of the BDR is to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior prospecting experience to set the stage for future product sales of UpCloud.
Some of the things you’ll be responsible for doing include:
- Meet and exceed targets to provide the APAC Sales Team with qualified meetings per month, with key decision makers.
- Lead generation through inbound marketing methods such as Influencer marketing and events.
- Account-based cold outreach
- Proactively make outbound calls into target accounts and follow up on inbound leads. You must assess the prospects’ needs and qualify the prospect, then schedule appropriate meetings.
- Use internal tools and infrastructure to monitor and report on results and trends. Use a consistent contact attempt process to follow-up, nurture and qualify prospects.
- Qualify sales leads based upon defined lead qualification criteria
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Update lead statuses and all prospect interaction in CRM
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects
- Proactively learn UpCloud’s products, competitive products, and marketing knowledge via website, online webinars and other coaching material.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources.
- Fluent in English (Mandarin as an additional language will be preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in sales & marketing
- Diploma or higher in a related field (Information Technology)
- Someone that represents the values of fun, fresh and enjoyment
- Outstanding communication skills in all ways: written, presentations and negotiations
- Ability to build rapport well with prospects and customers
- Persistent and creative sales approach
- Tech savvy with the ability to communicate our product advantages effectively
- Ability to travel as needed within SEA region
If you see yourself as part of the UpCloud family - don’t hesitate to send us your cover letter and CV!
We would love to have you onboard as soon as possible.
Who you are:
Domain: Experience with lead qualification at all levels within organizations - managers, directors, VPs and executives. Bachelor’s degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of lead generation & qualification experience (including outbound prospecting). Understanding of inbound marketing methods or demand generation will be an added advantage.
Excellent communication: Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin.
Energy and Enthusiasm: You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
Go-Getter: Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.