UpCloud is looking for an ambitious Technical Support Specialist 🎩
Full-time, Local/Remote, Europe
UpCloud is a European cloud service provider offering the world’s fastest cloud servers on an hourly billed infrastructure-as-a-service from its eight data centres in Amsterdam, Chicago, Frankfurt, Helsinki, London, San Jose, and Singapore. We are headquartered in Helsinki, Finland.
We have been recognized twice as the #1 Performance Leader among the top 10 Cloud Hosting Providers in Europe by Cloud Spectator.
Our customers run business-critical web applications on our IaaS platform. They trust us for our high performance, reliability and high quality of customer service as well as very cost effective pricing. We are proud and work hard to be responsive and keep our users happy - our current median response times of under 2 minutes and user satisfaction level is 89%.
We take massive pride in having the most talented and most motivated team of experts who are passionate about everything we do. We aim to create those magic moments, where genius and hard work meet. Join our global team now!
Read more from our blog posts:
Do you have experience of hosting scene and/or administrating your own Linux servers? To help us support our growing user base, being part of international 24/7 technical support team and will first and foremost be the initial contact with our users in their technical inquiries. We expect you to work regular office hours with the occasional weekend support shift, which will count towards your total working hours.
- Social team player who can contribute to company culture and make things happen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You have experience in technical support and/or user experience related positions in the internet infrastructure related space
- You have a thorough understanding of cloud computing including networking, servers and storage technologies.
- You have directly worked with/or otherwise can advise on Linux based server technologies.
- You are an innovative and independent troubleshooter
- You’re familiar with terminology: IaaS, BGP, TCP, UDP, IPv4/6, DNS, RAID, LAMP, BASH
We will offer you:
- A great place to challenge yourself in an international environment.
- Opportunity to work with users who build advanced web applications on a global scale.
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical services, lunch allowance, choice of computer and an annual budget of 1000€ to spend on education, software, etc..
- Most importantly though - an experienced team, who makes the day-to-day work enjoyable, challenging and rewarding.
If you could see yourself being part of the UpCloud family - don’t hesitate to send us your cover letter and CV with a salary request. Please note that this job posting will be taken down as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
We will get back to you after 27th of January 2020.
There’s no place like ::1