Backend or Full-Stack Symfony Developer
VillagePod is a community payments platform launching in Q4 2019. We're on a mission to strengthen local communities by making spending locally fun and rewarding, and we're looking for a mobile application developer to join our small and growing team. Our platform brings consumers, local businesses and causes (charities, sports clubs and schools) together in order to help local communities thrive. This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join a team early in its development and have a real impact on in their career.
We’re looking for a Symfony (PHP) developer to take a lead development role and within our development team.
- Take the leading role in developing backend and frontend platform
- Collaborate closely with a product owner with a focus on maintenance and new feature releases
- Work closely with designers and business to define and implement solutions
- Collaborate with mobile app developers for picking up most efficient feature implementations
- Deep understanding of PHP and Symfony framework
- Deep understanding in code versioning system using Git
- General understanding of Domain Driven Design development pattern
- Experience or knowledge of Agile Scrum development process
- Worked in a team developing apps with a modern stack
- General UX (user experience) understanding
- Fluency in English is a must, Lithuanian would be a benefit
The role is preferably based in Vilnius, Lithuania, but can be offered in Dublin, Ireland or on a flexible or partially remote basis.
Please apply with a link to your development portfolio, project examples and your availability (start date. hours of work and place of work).