Who are we?
At VisibleThread we are on a mission to change how organisations think about communication.
We work with some of the largest companies and government bodies in the world. Our customer list includes companies such as Boeing, Airbus, Sun Life, HSBC, the Australian Government.
These organisations are transforming how they write using our suite of language analysis tools.
We have grown 100% Year on Year for the last 4 years. We are looking to recruit talented engineers to help us innovate and transform our products over the next number of years.
We are a small engineering team located at our corporate HQ just off Merrion Square Dublin 2. Our engineers don’t just write code, they take product ideas and shape them into working product releases. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to work with some of the largest companies in the world and shape the next generation of our product line.
Why work with us?
- Join a fantastic team. We are small team that work well together. We operate a flexible working environment. We don’t have time for office politics, we make great software and have some fun along the way.
- Central location. Our engineering team are located at our corporate HQ just off Merrion Square Dublin 2. Convenient for public transport. For cyclists we have secure bike storage and shower facilities. There is a Dublin Bike stand just outside our door.
- Unlimited access to training.
- Be part of a great success story. We are growing 100% year on year and our software is used by thousands of people each day. You can help shape the next phase of our growth.
What will you be working on?
Some of the projects our engineering team get involved with:
- Building data rich dashboards to help customers measure content improvements.
- Enhancing our NLP language tools to provide further grammar aids
- Enhancing our monitoring systems for on-premise and cloud systems
- Enhancing our tools for content writers to provide more immediate feedback on language issues
- Working with our customers compliance and security teams to ensure our products meet their standards
What will you be working with?
Our technology stack is constantly evolving but at its core we work with
- Java, Spring MVC, JPA, Spring Security, Scala
- Ext JS, Jquery
- Postgres RDMS
- Ubuntu, RHEL, AWS
- Open NLP
- GIT, SVN
Desired Skills and Experience
We don't expect our engineers to know everything however we do ask that they want to learn.
Key skills would include:
- 3 – 5 years building web applications with Java and related technologies.
- Ability and to mentor and lead junior developers.
- Test driven development
- Relational Database schema design, preferably with Postgres
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of software design and web applications
- Secure programming experience
- Experience working with Linux
- Postgres RDMS