About ThinScale Technology
Our Client ThinScale Technology is an independent international software development company focused on creating solution driven products that meet the challenges in the Thin Client Software, Desktop Virtualization and Server Based Computing market place.
Over the last three years they have established themselves in their market space as innovators acquiring hundreds of customers in over 20 countries. The team includes some of the top experts in the worldwide virtualization community who combine their frontline experience with their drive to create innovative technologies to deliver clever solutions to meet the big virtualization challenges. Visit www.thinscale.com for further information.
This is a critical, high impact, cross disciplinary position where the successful candidate will act as interlocutor between product development, support, marketing, sales, channel and external stakeholders at both a senior and middle management level.
The main responsibilities of the role include the following;
- Working closely with internal industry experts to set internal product direction as well as working with critical customers and partners to design the next generation of cutting edge virtualisation products
- Assist in the testing and be responsible for developing and updating product documentation and application notes, implementation guides and best practice documents
- Translate ThinScale’s platform and product vision into marketing messages that demonstrate the products ability to solve specific customer and market problems
- Generation of content for compelling technical sales enablement collaterals such as Q&A, white papers, technical decision maker presentations, case studies, testimonials, ROI analysis, website content, videos, sales ready demos and blogs. Ultimately tools that enable our sales teams to engage with prospects and customers with the highest possible sales efficacy.
- Assist in the testing and benchmarking of ThinScale products verses competitor products and own the production of pertinent materials to inform the relevant business disciplines including provision of feedback to product development and engineering to improve competitive positioning
- Act as a key technical resource to help train sales, channel partners and customers about our products
- As a product and company evangelist assisting marketing in the organisation of and participation in tradeshows and other expert meetings and events delivering demos and presentations to top industry experts and potential customers
- Evaluate and keep abreast of new technologies staying current with virtualization industry trends and developments
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time as reasonably requested
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to rapidly understand a constantly changing technology landscape and communicate the implications from a product development and customer delivery perspective in both written and spoken form
- Deep understanding of:
- VDI, Desktop Virtualisation & Server Based Computing
- Citrix, Vmware, RDS environments and product knowledge
- Thin Clients from a hardware and software perspective
- Networking / Network infrastructure
- Operating Systems (particularly Windows and Linux)
- A combination of technical, marketing, business skills ideally acquired in the virtualization space
- Demonstrably excellent writing skills and experience with technical documentation essential
- Excellent communicator and content creator with a high level of attention to detail
- Prior experience as a pre-sales Technical Consultant, Technical Relationship Manager, Software Technical Sales Representative, Sales Engineer or similar role
- Ability to initially strategically plan the overall approach and execute on a granular level over time
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR equivalent experience
- Fluency in English is essential