Due to their ongoing success, SmartFactory is now looking to hire a Technical Sales / Pre-Sales Engineer to join their team based at the Nexus Innovation Centre, on the University of Limerick Campus, and play a pivotal role in growing their customer base.
You will be technically proficient, energetic, articulate, and have a proven record of understanding customer requirements and turning those requirements into fully defined solutions.
- Own the customer engagement – driving the requirement gathering and scoping process and leading customer design workshops
- Deliver articulate and compelling value propositions around SmartFactory products and services
- Lead the sales effort with support from Management.
- Carefully listen and understand customer needs and define how our offerings could address those needs
- Establish relationships with key technical, marketing, product management and program delivery stakeholders within our clients
- Understand customer pain points and define solutions to solve customer problems
- Identify new opportunities for growth
- Increase deal value and accelerate the sales cycle by engaging at multiple levels in the customer organisation
- Present a persuasive business case, sound technical arguments and a clear value proposition
- Deliver Customer Demos, Technical Presentations, Proposal Documents and Customer Business Case models.
- Be an active member of the wider engineering team, working to continually improve the deployment capability of solutions as well as focusing on increasing their profitability.
Experience, Skills and Capabilities:
- You will have worked in a technical sales capacity , ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- You will hold a qualification in an engineering related field (Computing, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical role
- Be an outstanding communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You will bring expertise in facilitating customer design meetings, ensuring alignment of decision making with internal and external stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- While being strong technically, you will have the ability to communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Have rigorous focus on client success
- Strong organizational skills and disciplined follow-up with customers
- Strong oral, editing, and written skills
- A willingness to travel given the spread of our client base.
- A driving licence is required