Cell Biology Senior Scientist (Code: RB003)
Our client RemedyBio, is at a very exciting stage of growth, and have a number of new opportunities that we now wish to help them fill.
RemedyBio’s business is centred on commercially deploying our discovery capability, which forms the foundation of the current frontier of biological insight- understanding the myriad intricate interactions between the huge numbers of different cells involved in normal and disease states. These insights will yield a new paradigm for developing a whole range of entirely novel diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities.
Pandemic Response Platform, focusing on Covid-19
The RapCo-19 platform is designed to quickly prepare and process patient samples, identify the rarest B cells that produce highly potent antibodies against the SARS-CoV2 virus that causes Covid-19 illness, and then translate that discovery into a scalable, quickly deployable therapy. Once established to combat Covid-19, the platform can be quickly adapted to quickly rapidly counteract other infectious diseases.
Cell Biology Senior Scientist (viral team)
Based in Dublin, an exciting opportunity is available with a young and expanding nano scale biotechnology company pioneering ultra-high throughput therapeutic and diagnostic discovery. We are looking for a talented Cell Biology Senior Scientist who will primarily focus on the development of in-vitro viral cell-based assays.
● The candidate will focus on the development and optimisation of in- vitro viral cell-based assays (including experience of mammalian cell culture)
● Design, implement, execute and oversee study objectives within the assigned project with minimal supervision and lead RAs and provide training as needed.
● Instructing associate and assistant scientist on the assays
● Author and review documentation associated with project/objectives including technical reports, operating and work instructions, SOPs, project specific protocols and reports. Possible contributions to scientific publications and presentations (as needed).
● Advanced scientific degree, PhD in Virology, Molecular biology, Immunology or a related field, or a Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 9+ years experience preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment or in an academic setting with relevant experience.
● Extensive experience in cell based functional viral assays and mammalian cell culture required.
● Experienced in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, disease mechanisms, and host immune responses.
● Team player who is well organized with excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills and ability to perform multitasking as needed.
● Ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups.
● Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision and lead a oversee RAs