Molecular Biology Senior Scientist (Code: RB009)
Our client RemedyBio, is at a very exciting stage of growth, and have a number of new opportunities that we now wish to help them fill.
RemedyBio’s business is centred on commercially deploying our discovery capability, which forms the foundation of the current frontier of biological insight- understanding the myriad intricate interactions between the huge numbers of different cells involved in normal and disease states. These insights will yield a new paradigm for developing a whole range of entirely novel diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities.
Pandemic Response Platform, focusing on Covid-19
The RapCo-19 platform is designed to quickly prepare and process patient samples, identify the rarest B cells that produce highly potent antibodies against the SARS-CoV2 virus that causes Covid-19 illness, and then translate that discovery into a scalable, quickly deployable therapy. Once established to combat Covid-19, the platform can be quickly adapted to quickly rapidly counteract other infectious diseases.
Based in Dublin, an exciting opportunity is available with a young and expanding nano scale biotechnology company pioneering ultra-high throughput therapeutic and diagnostic discovery. We are looking for an experienced Molecular Biology Senior Scientist to support the discovery of human B cell derived antibodies, development of immunological cell (B, T and APCs) based functional assays and generate mammalian cell lines for the expression and manufacture of therapeutic proteins.
● Purification and culture of patient-derived peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)
● Immortalisation of PBMC’s and development of optimum culture media and conditions
● Design and synthesize plasmid vectors for generating stable production cell lines for recombinant proteins including monoclonal antibodies and critical reagents.
● Clone, express, purify and characterise recombinant antigen proteins to be used in screening campaigns and ELISA/cell based assays from a range of expression platforms and fully characterise them using a range of methods (e.g. HPLC, SDS-PAGE, IEF and SPR).
● Ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups.
● Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision and provide leadership and training to junior scientists and oversee day-to-day activities as needed.
● Author and review documentation associated with project/objectives including technical reports, operating and work instructions, SOPs, project specific protocols and reports. Possible contributions to scientific publications and presentations (as needed).
● Ph.D. or equivalent degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field, plus experience in an academic or industrial setting.
● Expert-level experience with molecular biology software and ability to design DNA constructs with desired properties requested by end-users.
● Extensive hands-on experience with common molecular biology methods, including DNA/RNA extraction and quantitation, plasmid preparation, restriction digestion, mutagenesis, Gibson-Assembly, Golden-Gate cloning, qPCR, agarose gel electrophoresis, bacterial transformation, and lentivirus production.
● Experience with mammalian cell culture, transient and stable transfection, and RNAi.
● Experience with common biochemical and immunological techniques, including SDS-PAGE, UV/Vis spectroscopy, ELISA and western blotting.
● Experience with bright field and fluorescence microscopy.
● Exceptional organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills, and the ability to thrive in an interdependent and idea-rich environment.