Antibody Engineering Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist (RB010)
Our client RemedyBio, is at a very exciting stage of growth, and have a number of new opportunities that we now wish to help them fill.
RemedyBio’s business is centered on commercially deploying our discovery capability, which forms the foundation of the current frontier of biological insight- understanding the myriad intricate interactions between the huge numbers of different cells involved in normal and disease states. These insights will yield a new paradigm for developing a whole range of entirely novel diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities.
Pandemic Response Platform, focusing on Covid-19
The RapCo-19 platform is designed to quickly prepare and process patient samples, identify the rarest B cells that produces highly potent antibodies against the SARS-CoV2 virus that causes Covid-19 illness, and then translate that discovery into a scalable, quickly deployable therapy. Once established to combat Covid-19, the platform can be quickly adapted to quickly rapidly counteract other infectious diseases.
The individual will be responsible for activities that include the design of antibody discovery and optimization campaigns, developing biochemical and cell-based screening/reporter assays for antibody therapeutic lead selection, screening of antibodies from hybridoma and B cell campaigns, antibody variable domain gene sequencing, and recombinant antibody expression, purification, and characterization. A successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge of principles of antibody engineering and have hands on experience in antibody molecular biology. The successful candidate will support efforts in the generation of antibody lead candidates derived from antibody discovery and antibody engineering/optimization platforms for the development of novel therapeutics.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related field with 3 years experience, or MS with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Direct hands-on experience with hybridoma or B cells to generate monoclonal antibodies is required
- Extensive experience with antibody sequence isolation, repertoire analysis, and V region classification
- Hands-on experience with transient and stable expression of proteins in HEK293 and CHO cells and antibody production (small scale) and purification (affinity, SEC) methods
- Candidates with the following skills are highly desired: molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning of antibody sequences from hybridomas/B cells, NGS sequencing, recombinant plasmid construction for protein expression, a background in structure-based protein analysis and bioinformatics.
- Open to learn new techniques and implement them in the group and experience working within a cross-functional therapeutic program team
Please apply by sending your CV and a detailed cover letter in application for this role. You should include what your salary expectations are for the role and when you would be available to commence the role should be be the successful candidate, giving due consideration to any notice period you currently have.