Our client Axonista, is looking for a web developer to join their internal product team developing one of the world's leading video CMS and streaming platforms. This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events.
This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Spain, Croatia and France.
Who you are
You've been developing web applications and responsive interfaces for a variety of devices and browsers for at least the past three years. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working on our core video CMS product 'Ediflo' which serves billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe.
You will be joining a team of 10 engineers in a company of 30 with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies. The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied - from fixing a react component in an internal UI to working with backend engineers to define APIs and Caching strategies to deliver planet-scale streaming video. Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation and interactive video storytelling.
The role requires
- Expertise in CSS development and preprocessors
- Experience with HTML5 APIs
- Ability to work in agile and waterfall projects (training provided)
- Appreciation of unit testing
For bonus points
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Understanding of Jamstack architectural principles
- Craft CMS experience
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of UML design and design patterns
- Experience in integration testing using headless browsers etc
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with progressive web applications, service workers, long term caching
- Device development experience / aspiration
- Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest
- Understanding of serverless and edge computing
- Understanding of the impact of 5G
- Defensive and offensive security experience
- Interest in cutting edge web technologies
- Understanding of continuous development and continuous integration
- Familiarity with HTTP Caching
Perks and Benefits
- Company contribution to health plan
- Company stock option plan
- Personal growth and training budget
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Frequent company social events
- Taxsaver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
Our team at Axonista spans 7 locations and 6 nationalities. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our team is managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe and Russia.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation and ultimately success. So to us, prioritising diversity in all its forms within our team is something we always strive for. So if you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch and we can discuss whether this job might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we support remote working.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now