Senior iOS Engineer, Axonista
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Croatia, Spain, and France.
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can build, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our talented team to design and build the next generation of our interactive video SDKs, Reference Applications, and custom apps, where we build collaboratively with some of our key customers. This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events, and open to applicants in Ireland.
Who you are
You've been building native applications on iOS (and possibly tvOS) for at least the past three years and you're looking to take on a senior engineering role for your next challenge. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
You're able to work effectively as part of a fully remote team, you're generally a happy human and you enjoy collaborating with other people, helping and challenging each other to get your collective best work done. You're confident in your abilities, and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
What you’ll be doing
You will primarily be working on the iOS SDK component of our core interactive video product, Ediflo, which serves billions of views to millions of end users all around the globe. You will also be working directly on apps for some of our key customers, where we work with them to get the most out of our product and really push the envelope to deliver the best possible user experiences. You will be joining a team of 19 engineers and designers in a company of 35.
The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied, from fundamental architecture of our SDKs across all video-capable devices, to working with backend engineers to define APIs and caching strategies to deliver planet-scale streaming video. There is a strong R&D element to our work, and you will be involved in leading research projects into new technologies, methodologies, and UX approaches, all to push the boundaries of what is possible with interactive video.
Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile, and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation and interactive video storytelling.
You will be responsible for designing and building world class applications for all Apple platforms. You’ll be collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features, and unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
The role will include working on improving application and SDK performance, fixing bugs, as well as continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
The role requires
● 3+ years working on native iOS applications
● A deep expertise in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
● Experience creating and maintaining SDKs used by other developers
● Experience working with iOS frameworks in particular AVFoundation and AVKit
● Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
● Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
● Excellent command of the English language - strong verbal and written skills
● A strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and object-oriented methodologies
● Experience using version control, managing build pipelines and deploying mobile applications
For Bonus Points
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
● Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
● Some initial working knowledge of SwiftUI
● Published one or more iOS apps in the app store
● Ability to work in an Agile environment
● Experience mentoring other developers
● Previous experience working in a fast paced environment with remote team members
● A keen interest in video technology, and an appreciation for great UX
● Personal growth, training budget
● Working from Home allowance
● Health insurance contribution (Ireland)
● Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit (Ireland)
● Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
● Company social events
● Flexible working arrangements including remote working
● Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
● IFI annual membership (Ireland)
● Employee Assistance Programme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 35 people, distributed across seven locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe and in Russia.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at email@example.com and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship
If this role interests you and you have the required experience please send us your CV and covering letter via this system
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now