Golang Microservices Software Engineer, Axonista
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our internal product team developing one of the world's leading video CMS and streaming platforms.
This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Spain, Croatia and France.
Who you are
You've been developing software for Cloud applications for at least the last three years. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
You may have led small projects already and are confident as a technical lead and mentor for other engineers.
You may have dabbled in Go or already have production experience. In either case, you are looking to develop your skills in strongly typed languages, DevOps and microservices in a modern complex environment.
What you'll be doing
\You will be working on our core video CMS product 'Ediflo' which serves billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe.
You will be joining a team of 19 engineers in a company of 30 with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies.
- Writing microservices and deploying them on Google Cloud or AWS
- Defining caching and security policies for planet-scale streaming solutions
- Optimising and refactoring existing microservices
- Building dashboards and telemetry systems
- Participating in functional and security reviews
- Defining and building continuous integration workflows
Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard.
You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation and interactive video storytelling.
We work with a host of technologies and languages. You will expect to already have a working knowledge of the following and be able to progress quickly to expert level:
- AWS services
- Elastic Search
The role requires
- At least 1 years experience with a strongly typed language (Go, Typescript, Kotlin, C# or Rust etc)
- Experience with markup and data languages
- Knowledgeable about SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with containers, serverless and edge computing
- Experience with HTTP Caching
- Experience with Unit, Integration and load testing
- Architect level experience with AWS or Google Cloud services
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with FFMPEG and m3u8 packagers e.g. Shaka packager
- Experience with streaming servers e.g. Kaltura, Icecast, Wowza etc
- Experience designing and building Enterprise scale asynchronous distributed software
- Understanding of Jamstack architectural principles Craft CMS experience
- Experience with Shopify & CScart
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest Interest in cutting edge web technologies
- Understanding of security principles in modern software
- Understanding of continuous development and continuous integration
- Understanding of UML design and design patterns