IT Support Engineer
PCO Manufacturing Ltd is the market leading parallel importer of pharmaceutical products into Ireland. We specialise in sourcing the highest quality pharmaceutical products from a network of authorised pharmaceutical wholesalers both domestically and across the European Union.
As a fully Irish owned company, we employ over 150 highly qualified and trained personnel at our HPRA authorised repackaging facility in Ashbourne Co. Meath.
About the role
Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business and plays a significant role in the effective daily operations of the company. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a team who will be at the forefront of technology, to develop your skill sets in a diverse and technically challenging environment. This is an ONSITE role.
What you will do?
- Provide first point of contact to onsite and remote staff replying to all communications and tickets assigning priory and level.
- General computer maintenance and repair, including ordering equipment
- Ensure end user compliance with all IT policies and procedures across PCO.
- Escalate issues as necessary to Level2/Senior Administrator.
- Ensure all systems are patched and protected with Antivirus and OS Updates.
- Support the roll-out of new technologies and software.
- Support a busy service desk for incident and request fulfilment as first line support.
- Act as the primary point of contact for end users and take ownership for the resolution of issues, monitoring progress and applying the escalation procedure, when necessary.
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications/tickets and general trouble shooting.
- User Account Management - create/update/disable user accounts for new staff, movers etc.
- Maintain the solution database, write and maintain solutions to the IT Management system.
- Work collaboratively with the wider IT support Team on projects.
What you will bring?
- Minimum 2 years experience in a busy IT support role.
- Technical Skills: good working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and underlying Windows OS.
- Coding experience and previous experience of active directory, windows servers, JIRA, Manage Engine and basic back up technologies would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills with experience with configuring and repairing PC/Laptops.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with and ability to work independently or with cross functional teams.
- Good communication stills, both written and verbal with fluency in English.
- Ability to multitask and ensure flawless execution and delivery.
- Demonstrate an outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Our staff and IT users internally will be your customers, so it will be important to ensure your customers are supported in a timely manner and have a positive experience.
- Have a desire for continuous learning, be curious and the ability to quickly learn new skills.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter.