Financial Controller - Axonista
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position, located in Ireland.
Axonista is an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can build and launch any interactive video experience, from shoppable video to streaming services. We are experts in video commerce. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Operations team, and help to guide company decision making, as we scale into new markets. Axonista is a team of 35, located across Europe, with company operations headquartered in Ireland. Our customers are based in the US, and Europe, and we have plans to grow significantly in 2021 and 2022.
Who you are
You have been working as a Finance Manager in a scaling business for the last two to three years. You have a deep interest in, and understanding of, the mechanics of how businesses operate. You have an appreciation of Finance’s role in guiding and improving business processes, and have the capability to turn this knowledge into action to achieve company goals.
You are motivated by both team and personal success, you bring positive energy to your interactions with people, are customer-centric in your approach to solutions, and have a keen eye for quality and detail. You’re good at giving succinct, valuable feedback, and welcoming feedback from others. You know your way around a spreadsheet, and take pride in creating well-designed, legible reports. You love it when a good process comes together. Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like to collaborate with other people to achieve team goals, and a high quality output. You have ambitions to grow your career in strategic finance.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be working alongside our Operations team to run the financial operations of the company, as well as liaising with external partners including auditors, banks, investors, and tax consultants. You’ll be responsible for day to day management of financial operations, as well as participating in design and implementation of processes that feed data into company strategy.
- Putting processes in place to accurately measure, and report on, the business operations of the company, collaborating on process touchpoints with other business functions
- Preparation, and ongoing management of departmental budgets
- Timely delivery of management accounts, with insightful commentary, reporting on KPIs
- Working with internal business functions to produce operational reports
- Managing relationships with accounting partners in Ireland and US for timely production of annual accounts, tax returns, audits, R&D Tax Credit claims, and other items
- Forecasting, financial projections, and scenario modelling
- Collaborating with Operations on grant applications and reports
- Collaborating with other business functions to ensure the right data is
- flowing to and from Finance
- Contributing to sales pricing discussions
- Participation in the creation of Finance policies and compliance
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cashflow management
- Bookkeeping & bank reconciliations
- VAT and tax returns
- Payroll processing (5 countries)
Must Have Experience
- ACA - Chartered Accountant qualification
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets
- 2-3 years experience working in a scaling company
- Knowledge of Xero, Float or other cloud-based financial software products
For Bonus Points
- Experience with R&D Tax Credit claims and audits
- Experience in a technology startup environment, particularly in the media, ecommerce or retail sectors
- Familiarity with the EOS framework (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Familiarity with Slack, Zoom, Notion and other team collaboration tools
Perks & Benefits
- Personal growth, training budget
- Working from home allowance
- Health insurance contribution
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
- Bike to work scheme
- IFI annual membership
- Employee assistance programme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 35 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at email@example.com and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately, at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now