Senior Web Developer/ Technical Lead
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Croatia, Spain, and France.
Axonista is an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can build and launch any interactive video experience, from shoppable video to streaming services. We are experts in video commerce. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer/Technical Lead to join our team developing world leading video CMS and streaming platforms. This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events.
Who you are
You've been developing web applications and responsive interfaces for a variety of devices and browsers for at least the past five years. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
You've delivered brilliant software as a contributor and are now looking to make the move into technical leadership, or you've already established your credentials leading teams of between three and five developers in modern cloud environments.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working on our core video CMS product 'Ediflo' which serves billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe and producing world class software for exciting projects at the cutting edge of video commerce.
You will be the most Senior Web Developer in a team of 3 within a larger team of 21 engineers with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies.
There's lots of opportunities to pick up new skills from other engineers and more formal training. Similarly there is the opportunity to mentor developers in the team and grow your skills into different areas. The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied - from fixing a react component in an internal UI to working with backend engineers to define APIs and caching strategies to deliver planet-scale streaming video. Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations. You will be responsible for continuing this high standard.
You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of video commerce.
The role requires
5 years experience in:
● CSS development and preprocessors
● HTML5 APIs
● integrating with REST APIs
● Server side technologies such as Nodejs, PHP, Ruby etc
● Implementing responsive/mobile designs
● Scrum methodology
● Creating tickets in Jira for other engineers to work from
● Gathering requirements from customers and internal stakeholders
● Working from requirements as user stories, customer conversations and hi-fidelity visual designs and prototypes
● SQL and NoSQL databases
● integration testing using headless browsers etc
● UML design and software design patterns
● Understanding of serverless and edge computing
● Network and browser HTTP Caching
● Continuous development and continuous integration
For bonus points
● Contributions to open-source projects
● Well developed approach to unit testing
● Familiarity with progressive web applications, service workers, long term caching
● Experience with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Cognito, Amplify etc
● Interest in cutting edge web technologies
● Craft CMS experience
● Experience with Shopify
● Understanding of Jamstack architectural principles
● Device development experience / aspiration
● Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest
● Understanding of the impact of 5G
● Defensive and offensive security experience
● GraphQL experience
● Any Go, Terraform, Serverless framework experience
● Personal growth, training budget
● Working from home allowance
● Health insurance contribution
● Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit
● Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
● Company social events
● Flexible working arrangements including remote working
● Bike to work scheme
● IFI annual membership
● Employee assistance programme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 35 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
At this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
If this role interests you and you have the required experience please send us your CV and covering letter via this system, confirming which of the countries listed you plan on being based from.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now