Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Croatia, Spain, and France.
Axonista is an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can build and launch any interactive video experience, from shoppable video to streaming services. We are experts in video commerce. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
Our client Axonista, is looking for a Web Developer to join their internal product team developing one of the world's leading video CMS and streaming platforms. This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events.
Who you are
You've been developing web applications and responsive interfaces for a variety of devices and browsers for at least the past three years. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working on our core video CMS product 'Ediflo' which serves billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe.
You will be joining a team of 10 engineers in a company of 35 with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies. The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied - from fixing a react component in an internal UI to working with backend engineers to define APIs and Caching strategies to deliver planet-scale streaming video. Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation and interactive video storytelling.
The role requires
- Expertise in CSS development and preprocessors
- Experience with HTML5 APIs
- Ability to work in agile and waterfall projects (training provided)
- Appreciation of unit testing
For bonus points
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Understanding of Jamstack architectural principles
- Craft CMS experience
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of UML design and design patterns
- Experience in integration testing using headless browsers etc
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with progressive web applications, service workers, long term caching
- Device development experience / aspiration
- Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest
- Understanding of serverless and edge computing
- Understanding of the impact of 5G
- Defensive and offensive security experience
- Interest in cutting edge web technologies
- Understanding of continuous development and continuous integration
- Familiarity with HTTP Caching
● Personal growth, training budget
● Working from Home allowance
● Health insurance contribution (Ireland)
● Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit (Ireland)
● Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
● Company social events
● Flexible working arrangements including remote working
● Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
● IFI annual membership (Ireland)
● Employee Assistance Programme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 35 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
At this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
If this role interests you and you have the required experience please send us your CV and covering letter via this system, confirming which of the countries listed you plan on being based from.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now