Roku Software Engineer - Axonista
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Croatia, Spain, and France.
Axonista is an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can build and launch any interactive video experience, from shoppable video to streaming services. We are experts in video commerce. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We are looking for a Roku Software Engineer to join our internal product team developing one of the world's leading video CMS and streaming platforms. This role will suit a software developer with at least 2 years of Roku development experience.
Who you are
- You've been developing software applications for at least the last two years.
- You're motivated by both team and personal success
- You're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
- You're able to work effectively remotely
- You're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done.
- You're confident in your ability and able to learn new skills and develop into a great software engineer.
- You may have recently graduated from university or come from a completely different background.
- You're open to learning new technologies.
What you'll be doing
- You will be building innovative and beautiful OTT and video commerce experiences for major media brands - servicing millions of users all over the world.
- You will be joining a team of 19 engineers in a company of 35 with a constant flow of varied and exciting work in different industries and technologies.
- Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers' and viewers' expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard.
- You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation, interactive video storytelling and video commerce.
The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied:
- Developing world class video commerce applications for Axonista customers Producing Software Development Kits for internal and external users
- Working in tightly knit teams with experts in Roku to foster learning and pave the way for steep professional growth
The role requires
- At least two years of experience in Roku development
- Solid knowledge of BrightScript and SceneGraph framework
- Experience in submitting Roku applications
- Understanding of video advertising (RAF, VAST, VMAP)
- An understanding of and experience in writing Unit Tests for Roku applications
- Knowledge of basic software architecture patterns e.g. MVC, MVVM etc.
- Experience in client-server communication (REST API, XML, JSON)
- An understanding of security principles in modern software
- An understanding of UML design and design patterns
- A willingness to learn new technologies
For bonus points
- Experience in iOS, Android or Web development
- Experience with writing Unit Tests
- Experience with Shopify
- Interest in mobile & video technologies