The Burren Perfumery manufactures and sells perfume and skincare products from its Centre in North Clare. It is a multi-disciplinary environment which includes a working factory, Visitor Centre and mail order fulfilment. We strive for high standards in every facet of the business: customer care, product quality, design and manufacturing. The Burren Perfumery is a positive, varied and unique work environment.
Working as part of the management team, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Burren Perfumery Centre including retail, cafe, visitor facilities, grounds and visitor experience. You will be professional, enthusiastic with exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this position is the ability to work on your own initiative and to lead and direct teams.
This is a varied role and one that is the vital link between the first-rate quality of The Burren Perfumery brand and the visitors’ experience. This is a new position and is an interesting, unique opportunity for the right candidate.
Duties & Main Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Centre
- Managing employees and contractors ensuring a collaborative and positive working environment
- Utilising cloud-based software for scheduling, payroll, bookkeeping, project management and communication
- Availability to work weekends and peak times (facilities open 7 days a week, all year)
- Coordinate with managers to prepare rotas for all departments, taking into account the business and seasonal demands
- Forecasting and controlling wage costs, as well as manage their operational costs
- Adapting and managing staff to offer the optimal visitor experience based on activity levels
- Ensuring facilities and premises are maintained to the highest standard, including dealing with breakdowns and repairs
- Support and participate in the recruitment of new staff and their training.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety standards are strictly adhered to, and reviewed regularly
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of consumables
- Flexibility and willingness to work within other operations departments at busy times
- Regular reporting and updating to Directors
Required Skill & Experience
- Minimum three years Operations Management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrable and relevant skills in IT
- Proven and excellent customer service and communication skills track record
- Demonstrable experience of building maintenance
- Passion for service and delivery
- Responsible and thorough, motivational and excellent in managing teams
- Proven experience of financial reporting and financial management
Full-time, permanent position, competitive package on offer
Apply with CV and Cover Letter