Software & Instrumentation Support Consultant
Mason Technology is a wholly owned Irish company established in 1780, the principal activities are the distribution and supply of analytical, laboratory and weighing instruments and offers a comprehensive after sales service. Mason Technology has grown to become one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of Laboratory and Industrial equipment with global partnerships with leading manufacturers.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Software & Instrumentation Support Consultant to join our growing team to provide support for specialised Mettler Toledo software. LabX controls a range of Mettler Toledo laboratory equipment such as weighing and analytical instrumentation. The software facilitates automatic data handling, high process security and full SOP user guidance.
This is a highly collaborative role in our Mettler Toledo Sales Business Unit working closely with the service department and software support teams. You will also play a key role in working across both presales and post sales activities in the implementation and optimisation of LabX for the customer.
What you will do?
- Support the Mettler Toledo Business Unit in the continued growth of LabX including the development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Support customer requirements such as workflow analysis, method development and data integrity.
- Act as first point of contact for inbound software application issues providing technical assistance to customers.
- Project manage LabX projects coordinating various stakeholders to ensure a smooth training and method development process.
- Provide LabX Platform Professional Services including seminars, demonstrations, method development & online or onsite LabX application support.
- Provide ongoing support to both customers and sales/service personnel.
- Assist the sales quoting process to ensure all relevant products, services and accessories are included on sales quotations.
- Stay current with Laboratory Regulations from such entities as USP, FDA, HPRA.
What you will bring?
- A 3rd level Science degree.
- High level understanding of Lab Instrumentation and experience of software implementation associated with instrumentation.
- Experience of use and support of a wide range of analytical techniques including titration, melting point and weighing solutions.
- Ideally experience in working in a regulated Laboratory (follow guidelines of USP, Ph.Eur. , Annex 11).
- Creativity in solutions – demonstrate ability to find solutions and 'think outside the box'.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team when required.
- Successfully manage time, plans, people and projects effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable working with various levels of customers.
What we offer?
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- This position offers a company car
- Educational Assistance & Support
- Company Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare option
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family members
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative environment.
All applicants must have the right to work within the EU.