Software Solutions Engineer
Mason Technology is a wholly owned Irish company established in 1780, the principal activities are the distribution and supply of analytical, laboratory and weighing instruments and offers a comprehensive after sales service. Mason Technology has grown to become one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of Laboratory and Industrial equipment with global partnerships with leading manufacturers.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Solutions Engineer to join our Software Solutions Team and to play a key part in supporting and managing scientific software. This software enables automatic data handling and control for a range of weighing and analytical equipment in regulated environments such as Pharmaceutical and Chemical sectors. Working as part of a dynamic and highly motivated team, this delivery focused role will suit an experienced individual who has worked within the highly regulated Pharma/BioPharma industry.
What you will do?
- Support new and existing customer projects remotely and on-site.
- Assist with the installation, implementation and configuration of the wide range of Laboratory and Industrial software products.
- Provide support and guidance in the pre-sale consultation process.
- Liaise and troubleshoot with customers to understand their technical issues and support required.
- Incident Management - ensure all support tickets are resolved efficiently.
- Liaise with external suppliers and vendors to support the resolution of issues.
- Provide solutions, update documentation such as IT policies and best practices, review design specifications, privilege lists and data integrity assessments.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic growth of the department.
What you will bring?
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years IT systems development and support experience in the Pharma industry.
- A strong technical background with excellent software and IT infrastructure knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage, build and maintain with an aptitude to deal with customers face-to-face.
- Good business analyst experience within the Pharma industry, ability to understand business requirements documentation and functional specification knowledge.
- Good understanding of working within a highly regulated environment and understanding of importance of data integrity.
- Experience connecting to third party equipment, such as laboratory and industrial instruments (analytical, microscopy, biotechnology) using Serial, USB and ethernet connectivity.
- Knowledge of LIMS systems and system integration, a good understanding of interfaces.
- Full clean driving license.
What we offer?
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- This position offers a company car
- Educational Assistance & Support
- Company Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare option
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family members
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative environment.
All applicants must have the right to work within the EU.