Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client, Axonista, is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team developing world leading video CMS and streaming platforms.
This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events.
This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Spain, Croatia and France.
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position. This role is open to applicants in Ireland, Croatia, Spain, and France.
Axonista is an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology platform, and our team’s deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
Who you are
You have an eye for detail. You've been testing web and mobile applications for at least 2 years. You know how to test responsive interfaces, understand the complexities around browser testing and you're excited about testing software on the latest devices and set-top boxes.
You're motivated by both team and personal success. You're a fast learner, passionate about technology and able to work effectively remotely. You're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done.
You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high quality software.
Quality Assurance Engineer, Axonista
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be joining the engineering team to help ensure the high quality standards we set for our customer apps and video CMS product 'Ediflo', serving billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe. You will be joining a team of 20 engineers in a company of 35 with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with plenty of opportunities to work on new and exciting technologies and to progress in your career.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Manual and automated testing of mobile and web applications
- API testing
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Functional, regression, automation and performance testing
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet
- client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
The role requires
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with both automated and manual
- At least 2 years experience working in Scrum projects
- Able to write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Excellent knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in functional, regression, automation and performance testing
- Hands-on experience with API testing
- Experience with testing web and mobile apps
- Experience with Selenium, Appium, Postman
For Bonus Points
- An interest in video technology
- Appreciation of great user experience and testing UX
- ISTQB Certification or similar
- A degree in computer science or related subject
- Personal growth, training budget
- Working from Home allowance
- Health insurance contribution (Ireland)
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit (Ireland)
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
- Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
- IFI annual membership (Ireland)
- Employee Assistance Programme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global, and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 35 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
At this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
If this role interests you and you have the required experience please send us your CV and covering letter via this system, confirming which of the countries listed you plan on being based from.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now