We’re looking for a natural-born leader with sales and customer care experience to join us as Sales & Business Development Manager.
This is a high impact, business critical role for us: as Sales & Business Development Manager, your mission will be to build the strategy, processes, and team we need in order to reach our aggressive sales targets.
About the role:
Our Sales, Customer Care and Engagement teams follow and guide WeRoad customers (potential and acquired) across the entire customer journey from first contact, to post-sale interaction, to communication during the trip, to engagement post-trip:
- Sales: Our Sales Team is responsible for converting leads generated from marketing campaigns (organic + performance) and CRM activities.
- Customer Care: Our Customer Care Team is responsible for post-sale customer interaction (e.g., special requests, pre-departure Q&A, assistance during travel, complaint management).
- Engagement: Our Engagement Team engages with the WeRoad community across all digital touchpoints and across the entire customer journey, representing the voice of WeRoad and the WeRoad community in every interaction.
What you'll do:
- Manage all Sales, Customer Care and Engagement activities and drive performance in order to achieve and outperform the sales targets outlined in our business plan
- Monitor and drive the performance of the Sales, Customer Care and Engagement teams to ensure unforgettable customer experiences and interactions with WeRoad
- Develop strategies for retention and engagement of past WeRoaders
- Lead the strategic development of new sales channels, beyond online (e.g., events, ADV, B2B, welfare, ...)
- Set up and optimize the processes, tools, and practices used by the team in order to allow for the rapid scale up of our business
What we're looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar role and excellent sales, customer care, and engagement skills (experience in a startup is a big plus)
- You have a strong results-driven and analytical approach
- You feel confident understand the "voice of the customer" in order to anticipate their needs and desires
- You have strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- You have strong project management skills and experience optimizing processes
- You learn quickly and are comfortable taking on responsibility right from the start
- You are fluent in Italian and have conversational English skills
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge.
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too.
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done.
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start.
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success.
- You want to grow faster than you ever thought possible, as a person and as a professional.
What we offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free Travel4Target trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C32” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relax area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C32 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smartworking policy, offer a half day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast everyday.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
Here at WeRoad our philosophy is to hire great people, put them in front of big challenges, and then give them the freedom and responsibility to show up and do amazing work.
We’re pretty unconventional: we don't care if you majored in Tourism or Chemistry or Law. If you’re the perfect match for one of our roles and are as passionate and ambitious as we are, we want you on board - regardless of your past experience.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 2-3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work at WeRoad?
- In what do you consider yourself “number one”?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the position?
- What makes you happy to go to work everyday?
- Which three words would you use to describe yourself as a professional?
Feel free to send your video in Italian or English - we speak both! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!