Our Tech team, self-branded the Monkeys (https://monkeys.weroad.it/), is growing! Curious? Check out monkeys.weroad.it and scroll down to learn more about Tech at WeRoad.
In particular, we are looking for experienced Back-end Developers (Node.js) to join our team and help us build cutting edge back-end solutions to power our user-facing platforms.
You’ll work across the stack, on anything from our APIs to web interfaces to internal tools. No matter what you’re working on you’ll be contributing to the design, architecture, and scaleup of our platform and will help us roll out new features.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable architectural solutions based on business logic and requirements
- Create scalable, high performance back-end APIs
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have experience working in a Node.js environment (Node.js and related frameworks, like Express)
- You have experience with RESTful APIs
- You have good knowledge of SQL
- You have good knowledge of code versioning tools (GIT)
- A testing mindset and an eye for clean code
Bonus points for having:
- Knowledge of third-party API integration
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Experience writing scalable server side applications
- Experience creating automated tests
We’re a fast growing startup, which means things move fast and change a lot around here. And on top of that, we like to experiment with new technologies and ways of working. If you like testing new ideas, shipping new products, taking ownership of your work, and getting a lot of things done, you’ll fit in perfectly with our team.
Tech at WeRoad
There's no such thing as an "ordinary" day at WeRoad. We are constantly sharing and testing new things and work on a lot of different projects, each with their own complexities. We build our solutions in-house, which means we offer a complex architecture and a variety of different tasks to work on.
We are big fans of working together as a team to figure out who will work on what, which means you’ll have more control over how you work.
We work primarily on:
- The WeRoad Platform: We’re constantly evolving our core website, which has booking, payment, CMS, reservation functionalities: https://www.weroad.it
- Our Coordinator Platform: We just launched a platform dedicated to our Coordinator community in January: https://coordinatori.weroad.it
- Our Contracting & Buying Platform: We're working on a new platform designed for our Product Team
We have a lot of projects in pipeline, including:
- A mobile app for our Coordinators
- Custom CRM
- A referral program platform
- Group matchmaking via machine learning
- Extensive A/B testing / ral-time customization of our website
- Use of progressive web applications
In addition to sponsoring on-the-job training to make sure you have time to keep up with new trends and technologies, we offer a number of great benefits, including a great startup work environment, the flexibility to smart work, and a free WeRoad trip every year.
- Free WeRoad trip to the destination of your choice, every year
- Budget for professional development (conferences, courses, meetups)
- Smartworking policy
- Buoni pasto and free coffee and breakfast at the office
- Discounts and deals (ATM, Flixbus, Car2Go, CityScoot, etc.)
- Half day off on your birthday
- Amazing office in Milan with kitchen, foozball table, and relax area
- Family benefits: bonuses for newlyweds and parents
- Regular (and fun!) team events