WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy...and now we are launching in Spain!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travellers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
Instagram WR IT: @we_road_official
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and launching in Spain. We're on a mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
We're looking for highly motivated, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Product Managers to join our Global Product team, which is responsible for designing and delivering unique, best-in-class travel experiences for our WeRoaders.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for driving the strategy, growth, quality, positioning, and profitability of WeRoad's products in one of the following regions, in line with the Global Product's team overall strategy and targets:
- North America & Europe
- Middle East & Africa
This position will be based in Milan but will (naturally!) require frequent travel.
What you'll do:
- Develop, nurture, and grow a network of Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners in your geographic region - through visits, product immersion trips, and effective communication from HQ
- Negotiate and finalize favorable contracts with Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners
- Analyze and optimize the profitability and quality of the destinations in your portfolio
- Organize the annual departures (planning and pricing) for the destinations in your portfolio
- Continuously improve the products in your portfolio, based on feedback from WeRoaders and WeRoad Coordinators
- Deliver new product recommendations (destinations, itineraries) - leveraging market knowledge, industry/competitor research, and relationships with DMCs, local partners, and local tourism offices
- Design and price new products (destinations, itineraries) that anticipate/meet the needs of WeRoaders while minimizing operational risk
- Lead crisis management efforts for the destinations in your portfolio
- Manage and develop a team of Buyers and/or Travel Designers who are fully dedicated to your region
- Proof all product and marketing related information to ensure products are accurately and appropriately positioned
- Ensure cross-team alignment of information, tools, and processes
What we're looking for:
- You are in love with travel and with our product at WeRoad
- You are passionate about the geographic region for which you are applying and have strong knowledge of the local language(s), culture(s), traditions, and trends
- You have excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of negotiation methods in the geographic region for which you are applying
- You have strong analytical skills and results orientation
- You have strong problem solving skills and are comfortable in being the main point of contact for emergencies and/or crises (experience is a huge plus)
- You thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- You have proven experience managing a small team
- You are fluent in English and (desired) other relevant local languages
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you ever thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free Travel4Target trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C30” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relax area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smartworking policy, offer a half day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast everyday.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
Here at WeRoad our philosophy is to hire great people, put them in front of big challenges, and then give them the freedom and responsibility to show up and do amazing work.
We’re pretty unconventional: we don't care if you majored in Tourism or Chemistry or Law. If you’re the perfect match for one of our roles and are as passionate and ambitious as we are, we want you on board - regardless of your past experience.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- With which countries do you feel most confident and why?
- In which parts of the job description do you feel most confident, and which instead do you think will be the most challenging?
- How do you imagine the Product Manager role in WeRoad and why do you believe you are a good match for it?
- What is your experience and philosophy when it comes to managing a team?
- Can you give us an example of a time you successfully negotiated with a local partner in your region?
Feel free to send your video in Italian or English - we speak both! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!