Here at WeRoad we connect people, cultures, and stories: we bring together small groups of like-minded people and send them on life-changing experiences to 80+ destinations all over the globe.
Last year over 9.000 WeRoaders traveled the world with us, and this year we plan to experience continued exponential growth in Italy while launching WeRoad in Spain. With our growing impact comes growing responsibility: above all to ensure that, in collaboration with our local partners and always with respect for the cultures we encounter along the way, we are prepared to deliver best-in-class experiences for our WeRoaders.
As our Emergency & Crisis Manager you will take on a critical role within WeRoad: during your first few months on the job your mission will be to audit, from A to Z, our current emergency preparedness and safety setup (e.g., procedures, tools, stakeholders involved, resources allocated, partners, …) and subsequently build an Emergency Management unit capable of providing support for our tours all over the world.
What you'll do:
- Design, set-up, implement and coordinate an emergency preparedness and safety program capable of supporting our business with 24/7 and worldwide coverage
- Serve as the first point of escalation and front-line crisis manager for safety and security related incidents of varying magnitude
- Work closely with the rest of the Emergency task force and our partners to create and implement safety and security protocols and guidelines throughout the world
- Establish contact with the local authorities, government bodies, insurance companies, etc. in order to build and maintain strategic partnerships with other safety and security industries and organizations.
- Develop and deliver training programs to ensure that our employees and Travel Coordinators are fully trained on emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Ensure all incidents are fully investigated and the continuous improvement of our procedures and operations
What we're looking for:
- You have 3-5 years of proven experience in emergency preparedness
- Ideally, you have previous experience in tourism (huge plus!)
- You have experience in working under stressful conditions: you keep a cool head and demonstrate logical reasoning skills and quick, effective handling of various emergency situations
- You excel in both strategy (process design, project management) and operations
- You have strong leadership and people management skills (organization of on call shifts, peak periods survival, etc.)
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and feel comfortable guiding diverse internal stakeholders (Sales/Customer Care/Product) and external stakeholders
- You have a strong ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- You are highly adaptable and flexible
- You have language proficiency in English and Italian
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you ever thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free Travel4Target trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C32” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relax area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C32 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smartworking policy, offer a half day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast everyday.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
Here at WeRoad our philosophy is to hire great people, put them in front of big challenges, and then give them the freedom and responsibility to show up and do amazing work.
We’re pretty unconventional: we don't care if you majored in Tourism or Chemistry or Law. If you’re the perfect match for one of our roles and are as passionate and ambitious as we are, we want you on board - regardless of your past experience.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why are you passionate about Crisis Management?
- What is the difference between an emergency and a crisis?
- Name the top 3 most frequent issues you think you will encounter as our Emergency & Crisis Manager
- What is your approach to managing stress that comes with this kind of role?
Feel free to send your video in Italian or English - we speak both! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!