WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy...and now we are launching in Spain!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travellers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
Instagram WR IT: @we_road_official
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and launching in Spain. We're on a mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD TOUR OPERATOR CRITICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
As Tour Operator Critical Operations Manager will be the person in charge of responding to our travel coordinators’ and passengers’ requests for support due to critical and unforeseen situations during our tours all over the world. In order to guarantee a reactive 24/7 service, you’ll be responsible for building, training and manage shifts of a contingency & emergency management task force composed of WeRoad team members. You’ll also need to be the bearer of leveraging on the record and optimisation of already-happened situations.
What you'll do:
- Implement a system to manage 24/7 request for support within the available resources; in the meanwhile, be the first touchpoint for any request for support from our travel coordinators and WeRoaders;
- For each support case, personally answering to the emergency number you will always bring with you:
- either instruct the coordinator on how to proceed on his own to solve the issue (that’s the case of unnecessary support request) and give feedback to our more expert coordinator trainers (also called Coordinator Gurus) to properly train coordinators and avoid requests fo support for similar situations to happen again;
- or, in case of pertinent support request, activate the pertinent persons in the organization and coordinate them in issue solution;
- Always, coordinating with WeRoad top management, take the lessons learnt from each case and use them to improve our product, processes and to train our coordinator community so that they will be further and further autonomous in managing complex situations.
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience in a role that involve fast decision making in complex situations;
- Desire to have the highest impact possible job and desire to put your decision making and leadership skills to good use, and further develop them;
- Previous experience in tourism is preferable;
- Experience in working under stressful conditions; having a cool head, logical reasoning and quick and effective handling of various emergency situations.
- Must have the ability to think strategically both short and long-term with the faculty to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy;
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for leading diverse teams and interactions with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally;
- Highly adaptable and flexible;
- Language proficiency in English and Italian, Spanish and other languages will be considered a plus.
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you ever thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free Travel4Target trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C30” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relax area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smartworking policy, offer a half day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast everyday.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
Here at WeRoad our philosophy is to hire great people, put them in front of big challenges, and then give them the freedom and responsibility to show up and do amazing work.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why are you passionate about Critical Operations?
- What is the difference between an emergency and a crisis?
- Name the top 3 most frequent issues you think you will encounter as our Critical Operations Manager
- What is your approach to managing stress that comes with this kind of role?
Feel free to send your video in Italian or English - we speak both! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!