Digital Product Manager
Our Digital Product team, self-branded the Monkeys (https://monkeys.weroad.it/), is growing!
Curious? Check out monkeys.weroad.it and scroll down to learn more about Digital Product (Design + Tech) at WeRoad!
We are looking for experienced Digital Product Manager who will work closely with our business owners and the rest of the Monkeys (UX/UI, Designers & Developers) to deliver digital products.
What you’ll do:
- Own the vision and overall development roadmap for your product line(s)
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features
- Represent the business owner and end-customer within the development team: translate vision and strategy into design inputs and product features that will be in the hands of thousands of users (including writing product requirements and specs, user stories, acceptance criteria, user flows, and wireframes)
- Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we do adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Work with the rest of the Monkeys team to scope and size development efforts and partner with the business owners to manage tradeoffs and drive prioritization
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Serve as the main point-of-contact and overall lead on all assigned projects, with ownership of project meetings, documentation, tracking, and cross-team communication
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience in a product management role
- Technical background with solid knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Hands-on experience across all stages of the product life cycle
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent project management, scheduling & prioritisation skills
- Experience designing applications and/or websites
- Understanding of best practice User Experience approaches and how to apply them
A perfect candidate has:
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- A super lean and practical approach
- The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain your thinking, and fast to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving UX for new features from start to finish
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- Experience connecting innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with the actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers
- Previous experience in the Tourism Industry is a huge plus
- No ego: you’re focused only on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Digital Product (Tech + Design) at WeRoad
At WeRoad Tech is not just “tech.” It’s a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Full Stack Designers, Engineers, and Developers that together designs, executes and optimizes the WeRoad digital experience.
There's no such thing as an "ordinary" day at WeRoad. We are constantly sharing and testing new things and work on a lot of different projects, each with their own complexities. We build our solutions in-house, which means we offer a complex architecture and a variety of different tasks to work on.
We are big fans of working together as a team to figure out who will work on what, which means you’ll have more control over how you work.
We work primarily on:
- The WeRoad Platform: We’re constantly evolving our core website (weroad.it), which has CMS, CRM, booking, reservation, payment, and billing functionalities.
- Our Coordinator Platform: Early in 2019 we launched a platform dedicated to our Coordinator community: coordinatori.weroad.it
- Our Tour Operator platform: We're working on a new platform designed for our Product Team which has allotment, contracting, and buying functionalities to enable interaction with worldwide suppliers
We have a lot of projects in pipeline, including:
- A mobile app for our Coordinators
- A mobile app for WeRoaders (our customers)
- A dating app
- Custom CRM
- A referral program platform
- Group matchmaking via machine learning
- Extensive A/B testing / real-time customization of our website
- Use of progressive web applications
In addition to sponsoring on-the-job training to make sure you have time to keep up with new trends and technologies, we offer a number of great benefits, including a great startup work environment, the flexibility to smart work, and a free WeRoad trip every year.
- Free WeRoad trip to the destination of your choice, every year
- Opportunities for professional development (conferences, courses, meetups)
- Smartworking policy
- Buoni pasto and free coffee and breakfast at the office
- Discounts and deals (ATM, Flixbus, Car2Go, CityScoot, etc.)
- Half day off on your birthday
- Amazing office in Milan with a kitchen, foozball table, and relax area
- Family benefits: bonuses for newlyweds and parents
- Regular (and fun!) team events