Our Digital Product team, self-branded the Monkeys (https://monkeys.weroad.it/), is growing!
Curious? Check out monkeys.weroad.it and scroll down to learn more about Digital Product (Design + Tech) at WeRoad!
We are looking for experienced Digital Product Designers who will work closely with our Business Owners and the rest of the Monkeys (UX/UI, Designers & Developers) to deliver digital products.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Business Owners to solve complex business problems while delivering delightful and effective customer experiences
- Translate vision, ideas, and needs from different Business Owners into feature requests and design inputs (including writing product requirements and specs, user stories, user flows, wireframes and mockups)
- Support the Digital Product team by applying your craft: conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Work closely with the Digital Product and Marketing teams to research and identify design best practices, stay current on design trends, and "think differently"
- Work closely with the our Full Stack Designers to create a visual experience that is consistent with, and structured in a way that allows for, the most optimal user experience
- Create designs, concepts, layouts, interfaces and an overall creative strategy that reflects our creative expertise while meeting the needs of Business Owners
- Work closely with other members of the Digital Product team to conceptualize, design, and fully execute all projects
- Mentor, challenge and inspire other Designers, giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience designing applications and/or websites
- UX and Interaction Design experience and solid knowledge of best practices and how to apply them
- A solid understanding of and passion for detailed interaction and information design
- A structured approach to understanding users and the ability to frame design decisions around your findings
- Working knowledge of color combination, typography, visual composition, and branding
- Hands-on experience across all stages of the product life cycle
- Experience working in and with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a product management role is a plus
A perfect candidate has:
- A strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process, featuring examples of end-to-end design solutions (this is a must have)
- At least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products in a UX, UI, Visual Design or Product Design type role
- Demonstrated experience in both visual and interactive design
- Technical background, with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Familiarity and at least a high-level understanding of relevant technology (i.e HTML, CSS...)
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, work proactively, and handle ambiguity
- A great sense for aesthetics that could both work with and extend WeRoad’s style
- No ego when it comes to product or design
Digital Product at WeRoad
At WeRoad Tech is not just “tech”. It’s a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Full stack designers, Engineers and Developers. We design, execute and optimize the WeRoad digital experience.
There's no such thing as an "ordinary" day at WeRoad. We are constantly sharing and testing new things and work on a lot of different projects, each with their own complexities. We build our solutions in-house, which means we offer a complex architecture and a variety of different tasks to work on.
We are big fans of working together as a team to figure out who will work on what, which means you’ll have more control over how you work.
We work primarily on:
- The WeRoad Platform: We’re constantly evolving our core website weroad.it, which has CMS, CRM, booking, reservation, payment, billing functionalities:
- Our Coordinators Platform: We just launched a platform dedicated to our Coordinator community in January: coordinatori.weroad.it
- Our Tour Operator platform: We're working on a new platform, designed for our Product Team, which has allotment, contracting, and buying functionalities to enable interaction with worldwide suppliers
We have a lot of projects in pipeline, including:
- A mobile app for our Coordinators
- A mobile app for WeRoaders (our customers)
- A dating app
- Custom CRM
- A referral program platform
- Group matchmaking via machine learning
- Extensive A/B testing / real-time customization of our website
- Use of progressive web applications
In addition to sponsoring on-the-job training to make sure you have time to keep up with new trends and technologies, we offer a number of great benefits, including a great startup work environment, the flexibility to smart work, and a free WeRoad trip every year.
- Free WeRoad trip to the destination of your choice, every year
- Budget for professional development (conferences, courses, meetups)
- Smartworking policy
- Buoni pasto and free coffee and breakfast at the office
- Discounts and deals (ATM, Flixbus, Car2Go, CityScoot, etc.)
- Half day off on your birthday
- Amazing office in Milan with kitchen, foozball table, and relax area
- Family benefits: bonuses for newlyweds and parents
- Regular (and fun!) team events