Full-stack (Digital) Designer
Our Digital Product team, self-branded the Monkeys (https://monkeys.weroad.it/), is growing!
Curious? Check out monkeys.weroad.it and scroll down to learn more about Digital Product (Design + Tech) at WeRoad!
We are looking for experienced Full-stack Designer who will work closely with our business owners and the rest of the Monkeys (Designers & Developers) to deliver digital products.
What is a Full Stack Designer?
He/she is a Designer who loves to code his/her own UI design in HTML/CSS and/or a Frontend Developer who cares about visual, user interaction and satisfaction.
Long story short, he/she is a designer and/or a frontend developer who wants to have full control over the final user experience.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in preparing requirements and specifications.
- Create designs, concepts, layouts, and interfaces that reflect our brand while meeting business requirements and optimizing the overall user experience.
- Review and continually improve the layout and style of our web and mobile applications.
- Participate in defining and continuously refining the design system for the website and other digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Digital Product and Marketing team to research and identify design best practices, stay current on design trends, and "think differently".
- Mentor, challenge and inspire other designers, give and solicit feedback to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Mockup and wireframe designs accordingly to the UX and the CX designed.
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices.
- Test websites and applications for accessibility and usability.
- Work closely with front-end and full-stack developers to code and implement websites and web applications UI
- Be responsible for the CSS styling of website and digital platforms accordingly to our brand identity and design system
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience designing complex and effective responsive websites (you must have a portfolio, featuring examples of end to end design solutions, to fully understand your skills). Mobile App designing experience is a plus, not a must-have.
- Experience of UX Design and solid knowledge of best practices and how to apply them
- Experience of UI & Interactive Design and solid knowledge of best practices and how to apply them
- Working knowledge of Design System, including Brand Identity and Design Principles application
- Working knowledge of color combination, typography, visual composition, and brand
- Strong skills of design tools (Sketch App, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience in front-end developing modern responsive UI and effective interactive micro UX animations
- Strong skills in HTML frameworks
- Strong skills in CSS
Nice to have
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge or experience in CSS frameworks like Tailwind
The perfect candidate’s qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional web design and development experience.
- Self-starter with a passion for innovative problem-solving
- Team player that can effectively communicate with designers and developers of all skill levels
- Desire to learn new techniques to improve user experience and site performance
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines, accordingly to the team planning
What we offer
- Design for people, not clients. We have no clients imposing constraints or dictating guidelines. With only our users to cater to and numbers to tell us what works best, you’re free to unleash your creativity and let results speak for themselves.
- Talented, experienced colleagues. You’ll be working with Product Designers, Developers, Marketers and Data Analysts that have built our product extraordinary success. We’d love to pass along all the secrets we’ve learned along the way.
- Unique work environment. We think we’re one of the most exciting, unconventional, fast-growing companies in Italy (and soon in Europe), and you’ll be able to experience firsthand what it’s like to be one of us.
Digital Product at WeRoad
At WerRoad Tech is not just “tech”. It’s a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Full stack designers, Engineers and Developers. We design, execute and optimize the WeRoad digital experience
There's no such thing as an "ordinary" day at WeRoad. We are constantly sharing and testing new things and work on a lot of different projects, each with their own complexities. We build our solutions in-house, which means we offer a complex architecture and a variety of different tasks to work on.
We are big fans of working together as a team to figure out who will work on what, which means you’ll have more control over how you work.
We work primarily on:
- The WeRoad Platform: We’re constantly evolving our core website weroad.it, which has CMS, CRM, booking, reservation, payment, billing functionalities:
- Our Coordinators Platform: We just launched a platform dedicated to our Coordinator community in January: coordinatori.weroad.it
- Our Tour Operator platform: We're working on a new platform, designed for our Product Team, which has allotment, contracting, and buying functionalities to enable interaction with worldwide suppliers
We have a lot of projects in pipeline, including:
- An outstanding website that we want and need to constantly evolve
- A custom tailored tour operating platform to manage our worldwide suppliers
- A coordinator platform to manage our fast growing coordinators community
- A mobile app for our Coordinators
- A mobile app for WeRoaders (our customers)
- Custom CRM
- A referral program platform
- Group matchmaking via machine learning
- Extensive A/B testing / real-time customization of our website
In addition to sponsoring on-the-job training to make sure you have time to keep up with new trends and technologies, we offer a number of great benefits, including a great startup work environment, the flexibility to smart work, and a free WeRoad trip every year.
- Free WeRoad trip to the destination of your choice, every year
- Budget for professional development (conferences, courses, meetups)
- Smartworking policy
- Buoni pasto and free coffee and breakfast at the office
- Discounts and deals (ATM, Flixbus, Car2Go, CityScoot, etc.)
- Half day off on your birthday
- Amazing office in Milan with kitchen, foozball table, and relax area
- Family benefits: bonuses for newlyweds and parents
- Regular (and fun!) team events