Country Manager Germany
WeRoad Germany Country Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy… and now we are launching in Spain!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travellers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
Instagram WR IT: @we_road_official
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and launching in Spain. We're on a mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: GERMANY COUNTRY MANAGER
In just a few years we’ve reached incredible results here in Italy. The key to our success? Our ability to work on a million things at once - from product to content to technology to people - and to connect the dots in order to develop one single winning strategy, perfectly designed for our target.
As Germany Country Manager, your mission will be to drive our business growth in Germany.
This role is for the ambitious and entrepreneurial. You will be the owner of the country P&L, leading our operations and team in the country!
What you’ll do:
- Work with our leadership to define and deliver the business and pricing strategy for WeRoad in the country
- Cooperate with the Company core functions (such as Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Experience, Coordinators) to ensure strategy works well with all the departments involved
- Participate in the destination portfolio definition together with our Product Team
- Monitor the market conditions and formulate decisions in order to secure a smooth implementation of operational plans, business growth and profitability targets
- Drive efforts to improve our brand, position and awareness in the chosen country
- Identify new business development opportunities and partnerships within the market
- Define a strategy for implementing our customer base and Coordinator community in the country
- Keeping all our partners and consumers satisfied through terrific account management and customer care
- Manage a team, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training
- Bring your own knowledge and experience to support and improve WeRoad across Europe (#roadtounicorn)
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have a strong business background, and ideally experience working in startups and/or the tourism industry
- You have previous experience in revenue management
- You have experience managing complex, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced, high stakes environment
- You have a strong results-orientation and top-notch analytical skills
- You have outstanding networking skills and the ability to make partnerships happen
- You have proven leadership skills and experience managing a team
- You exercise excellent judgment and problem solving abilities
- Native German speaker
- You live and breathe the German culture
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free ScuolaZoo trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C32” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relax area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C32 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, offer a half day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast everyday.
- Fun! We schedule regular team building events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy, Spain and other countries.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
Here at WeRoad our philosophy is to hire great people, put them in front of big challenges, and then give them the freedom and responsibility to show up and do amazing work.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- What challenges are you looking for in this Country Manager position?
- Which of your previous experiences has prepared you the most for this role?
- What do you expect to reach and develop in 1 year as Country Manager?
Feel free to send your video in English. Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!