LATAM Tour Operator Specialist
LATAM Tour Operator Specialist
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now UK!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
Website WR UK: www.weroad.co.uk
Global hub of our properties: www.weroad.io
Instagram WR IT: @weroad_it
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Instagram WR UK: @weroad_en
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and launching in the UK. Our mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: LATAM Tour Operator Specialist
We're looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Tour Operator Specialist to join our Global Product team, which is responsible for designing and delivering unique, best-in-class travel experiences for our WeRoaders.
As Tour Operator Specialist, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, growth, quality, positioning, and profitability of WeRoad's products in Latin America, in line with the Global Product's team overall strategy and targets.
This position will be based in Milan but will (naturally!) require frequent travel.
What you'll do:
- Develop, nurture, and grow a network of Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners in Latin America - through visits, product immersion trips, and effective communication from HQ
- Negotiate and finalize favorable contracts with Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners
- Analyze and optimize the profitability and quality of the destinations in your portfolio
- Organize the annual departure planning and pricing for each destination
- Continuously improve the products in your portfolio, based on feedback from WeRoaders and WeRoad Coordinators
- Deliver new product recommendations (destinations, itineraries) - leveraging market knowledge, industry/competitor research, and relationships with DMCs, local partners, and local tourism offices
- Design and price new products (destinations, itineraries) that anticipate/meet the needs of WeRoaders while minimizing operational risk
- Lead crisis management efforts for the destinations in your portfolio
- Manage and develop a team of Buyers and/or Travel Designers who are fully dedicated to your region
- Proof all product and marketing-related information to ensure products are accurately and appropriately positioned
- Ensure cross-team alignment of information, tools, and processes
What we're looking for:
- You are in love with travel and with our product at WeRoad
- You are passionate about the geographic region for which you are applying and have strong knowledge of the local language(s), culture(s), traditions, and trends
- You have excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of negotiation methods in the geographic region for which you are applying
- You have strong analytical skills and results orientation
- You have strong problem-solving skills and are comfortable in being the main point of contact for emergencies and/or crises (experience is a huge plus)
- You thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- You have proven experience managing a small team
- You are fluent in English, Spanish, and (desired) Portuguese
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Coordinators and you could go even more often. And if that weren't enough, on top of your WeRoad trip you also get a free ScuolaZoo trip each year, too.
- A great workspace. “C30” has an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relaxing area, foosball tables, and a company library. Make yourself at home.
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Great perks. We have tons of discounts and deals (ATM, Car2Go, Trenord, and more), offer free commercialista consultations, and have free coffee, candy, and fresh breakfast every day.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply?
"We will have you onboard to travel and report everyday travel from around the world”
Is that the dreaming job or not?
So first step.
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the LATAM Tour Operator Operations Specialist?
- What makes you happy to go to work every day?
- If you were a travel destination, which would you be and why?
Send your video in English to firstname.lastname@example.org ! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you finish, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet the real you!