Country Manager UK
WeRoad UK Country Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now we are launching WeRoad UK ( https://www.weroad.co.uk/)
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
A global hub for our properties: www.weroad.io
Instagram WR IT: @we_road_it
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Instagram WR UK: @weroad_en
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and launching in the UK. We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: UK COUNTRY MANAGER
In just a few years we’ve reached incredible results here in Italy.
The key to our success? Our ability to work on a million things at once - from product to content to technology to people - and connect the dots to develop one winning strategy perfectly designed for our target.
As UK Country Manager, your mission will be to continue creating our brand and driving our business growth in the United Kingdom.
This role is for the ambitious and entrepreneurial. We will invest a lot in you and clear the way for your exponential growth: you will lead our strategy, operations, and team in the UK!
What you’ll do:
- Work with our leadership to define and deliver the business strategy for WeRoad in the UK
- Oversee WeRoad UK's business (at 360°) and establish operational plans designed to achieve business growth and profitability targets
- Drive efforts to position our brand and build WeRoad's local presence and awareness in the UK
- Define a strategy for building our customer base and Travel Coordinator community in the UK
- Build, train, and manage the WeRoad UK team
- Be the link between HQ and WeRoad in the UK to align the rest of the team with the overall WeRoad direction
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You are English, or have lived in the UK for several years and have expert-level knowledge of the English language, culture, and market
- You have a strong business background, and ideally, experience working in startups and/or the tourism industry
- You have experience managing complex, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced, high stakes environment
- You have a strong results-orientation and top-notch analytical skills
- You have outstanding networking skills and the ability to make partnerships happen
- You have proven leadership skills and experience managing a team
- You exercise excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love to travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad UK office is based in central London at Huckletree Soho, a vibrant co-working space and community.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding in our HQ in Milan in our own coworking space called "C30" which fully reflects our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relaxing area, football tables, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. no kidding!).
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 or online to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team, if you dare doing it, is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- What excites and scares you most about being employee #1 in our WeRoad UK team?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the UK Country Manager position?
- What makes you happy to go to work every day?
- If you were a travel destination, which would you be and why?
Send your video in English but feel free to speak all the languages you know - we'll speak them all. Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet you!