Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
Position Outline: This is a new role within this client operation. Westbourne will consider both full time and contractor candidates for this role. This is a senior role within the team and reports directly to the General Manager at Westbourne and is a peer of the Service Delivery Manager. This position can be based remotely or at our client sites in Cork, London or California. Travel will be regularly to these sites also.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Service Transition Project Manager oversees the end to end service transition process:
- Business Requirements
- Transition scope
- Operational implications
- Technology implications
- Knowledge implications
- Training, reporting and quality implications
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risks and challenges
Service Transition includes scoping, briefing, planning, organizing, resourcing, leading, and controlling service transition budgets, deliverables, milestones and dependencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure that all Service Desk requirements are understood at the start of a Client driven improvement or change project in order to streamline the implementation of improvements and change. Our client uses the Unity framework for all service transition programs.
- To work with Project Managers and Systems Owners to complete the Service Desk support requirements gathering process and engagement
- Be available to answer questions for Service Desk support plans for the duration of the project
- Be available for Gate reviews if required including the collation of feedback and input from all ESD stakeholders including service management, training, operations, knowledge, quality and reporting.
- Provide the user experience perspective when they are trying to get support for this new system
- To be a single point of contact for the Service Desk for Client projects moving into Operations
- Gather requirements necessary to d (template and framework)
- Document and agree the support plan
- Support teams involvement, hand-offs, responsibilities.
- ticket system Triaging
- Go live/hyper care support
- Manage expectations with the project team and other support groups
- Manage any exceptions to the support plan appropriately
- Engage and seek approval from Client ESD Leadership
- Actively engage the key Service Desk people on specific tasks / activities
- Identify and manage any risks to the Service Desk
- Critical dependencies
- Staffing rotas
- Escalation paths
- System Access
- Early life considerations
- IVR Options
- SPARC triaging
- Implementation approach Big bang vs phased support
- Driving the Service Desk component to ensure readiness, to engage other teams when required but not to lead or drive their support requirements
- To ensure that the Service Desk knowledge and training is in place
- Work with the support teams to ensure that training is given
- Ensure that the knowledge articles and hand offs are fully documented, validated and tested
- Provide input to any user communications to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Provide weekly status reports on all Service Transition activities and timelines
Skills and Experience Required
- 3rd Level Degree in IT Discipline or similar.
- Experience as a Service Transition Project Manager using the ITIL framework
- Experience using an IT improvement and change framework (e.g. Unity)
- Qualification with a recognised Project Management framework methodology
- Experience of working in a complex project environment
- Experience of working cross functional change and improvement programs
- Experience of working as a Project Manager within a multi-national service desk or equivalent environment
- Experience with using project management automation tools and systems
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to all levels at both project stakeholders and executives
- Experience in roles with IT Project administration background;
- Knowledge of SharePoint is an advantage (but not critical)
- Knowledge of Service Now is an advantage (but not critical)
- Good technical knowledge of office IT environments covering End user computing, Networking , telephony, PC, automated PC builds, and Peripherals
- Proven experience in managing a number of global projects across multiple sites.