Westbourne IT Global Services is a trans global organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical help desks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
Role Overview: This position is a 6 month contract with a view to permanency based in North Dublin. We will train the successful applicant to effectively troubleshoot Lab IT instruments. The role will suit someone that is looking to progress their career from working on a service desk to a niche area of IT Support for the Pharmaceutical sector.
- To provide technical IT Support and solutions to the LIS (Laboratory Information Systems) department for our client.
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers, repairing and troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues.
- Assess and resolve customer IT queries for First line support & 2nd Line, using judgement and experience to diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and identify and escalate complicated or specialised situations requiring urgent attention.
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Building and configuring Empower LAC/e systems
- LAC/e to instrument connectivity and configuration
- Empower baseline troubleshooting
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyse and resolve end-user IT faults, ranging from a major system crash on high end IT equipment to a forgotten password
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Escalate any calls you are unable to fix detailing any action already undertaken
- Respond in a positive way to any e-mail or phone logged call
- Complete training requirements in allotted time
- Provide ideas for KB articles/Run book
- Excellent understanding of PC hardware/software and be fully conversant with routed TCP/IP, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, VoIP and the Windows/Mac OSx operating systems
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
- Good working knowledge of laboratory testing processes and automation using various instrument software packages. Experience in Quality Control laboratory environment and scientific instrumentation an advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in an IT support capacity in a medium-large organization
- Fluency in English language both written and oral is imperative
- Windows 7 desktop operating systems & Microsoft Office & Exchange environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to support clients remotely
- Experience in adhering to KPIs
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Base understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Understanding of ITIL framework
Exciting opportunity to work on interesting projects and client sites. This role includes some international travel.