Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The Senior Site Service engineer will be primarily responsible for supporting technology users in a specific Pharmaceutical office or offices and on occasion in off-site locations. Problem solving and strong listening skills are core to this role. You will need to interact confidently with end users and third parties in order to resolve problems and explain the solution.
Main duties & responsibilities
Individual tasks vary depending on the office locations, but may include:
- Serve as part of a 2-3 person shift of systems and network operations administrators responsible for monitoring all our clients systems
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve incidents which impact or threaten service availability
- Help in the engineering effort to improve monitoring coverage and depth
- Configure and maintain appropriate network event management systems
- Help maintain our client’s services and infrastructure through updates, upgrades, changes, documentation, and other duties as may be required from time to time
- Work with internal and external teams to coordinate maintenance, identify and resolve problems, and ensure high end-user network quality
- Responding within agreed time limits as a resolver for issues raised with the Service Desk
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference), troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Supporting audio visual systems and services including video conferencing
- Working continuously on a task or problem until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Working under supervision in the prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.
- IT related qualification with at least 3 years’ experience as a site support engineer in the bio-pharma industry.
- Strong technical skills with appropriate Microsoft accreditations.
- Experience with Virtual servers, Active Directory, Office365, Azure Cloud services / SSO and networking hardware and a solid understanding of infrastructure.
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Audio/Video Conferencing capabilities.
- Experience with network performance and infrastructure monitoring systems
- Experience of service level management.
- Competency with internet, mobile technologies, cloud and ITaaS solutions.
- Organizational skills to be able to manage a personal workload and prioritize activities.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with end users and third parties as well as fellow team members.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of end users and third parties
- Demonstrable ability to think logically and creatively while applying sound judgment
- A meticulous and methodical nature.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm to be continually learning.
- Team player with a Strong customer focus.